[ 39 ]

Aine flinched from the sudden outburst of the boy standing at the entrance of the bathroom. There stood Harry, burning with hatred as he glares at Draco with daggers in his eyes. His attention drifted to the girl next to the Slytherin boy who was once sobbing. 

Again like before, Harry found himself to be in a tight conflicted state. The words he swore to himself he must never ever think or say surface, threatening him to not think otherwise when the answers are right before him. "Aine, you should not be here!" he yells with rage. His lips frown in disgust when he saw his close friend in such proximity to Draco. "You should never have been with that foul bastard!" he spat.

"Don't you dare call him that!" Aine snarled back, her eyes blazing with fire that matched his fierceness. 

Harry scoffed at her answer, "Is that what it is?" he questions. "Is this where your allegiance lies? WITH HIM?!" He felt his nerve pulled at the sight of the two, it aggravated him even more considering the last time he saw the two together was when they had gone into the Room of Requirement for Godric knows why. It wasn't as if they noticed he was following them.

"Why were you in the Room of Requirement with him? What were you doing there with him?" he demanded. "Don't tell me you're in this all along?"

Draco pulled away from Aine's embrace, the brutal coldness slapping him wide awake to his senses. He hides his horror of being exposed and sniffles, rubbing his tears away, not wanting to give his enemy the pleasure of seeing him vulnerable any longer. He could feel Aine's fingers trembling in his, and he clutched it secretly, offering her comfort. No matter what, he will make sure that Aine was out of Harry's doubts. 

"Why does it matter what we do in the Room of Requirement, Potter?" Draco snapped, tilting his head as he glowers at the Gryffindor boy. "Has it never crossed your brilliant mind that she is just an innocent bystander who got pulled in and made a target of your stupid suspicions because her close friends keep holding tabs on her?" he said with venom.

Aine cast a furtive look over to Draco and he blinked, telling her to trust him in this. She kept her bearing and continues to glare at Harry.

"Oh! That's why you did it, huh? You hexed it, didn't you? Katie Bell and the bloody necklace?" Harry yelled in accusation at them, directing the grave statement towards the Slytherin boy even though it really was Aine who did the finishing deed. Not that Harry knows that unless Katie told him.

However, even Pansy Parkinson who had fallen into Aine's mind-controlled victims has no recollection of being puppets around. So how could Katie have known?

Draco immediately stepped in front of Aine protectively. His hands pulled her behind him as he intertwined them tight, but she took a step next to him, she wasn't going to hide. She was going to fight should the situation arise. Draco's jaw hardened together and the look in his eyes shifted before he points his wand towards Harry, throwing a hex in the boy's direction with all of the frustrations he had pent up letting go. 

The lamp next to Harry's head shattered, missing the boy by inches. The flames in it spider up to the ceiling and he quickly evades. Then, Draco wheels away with Aine to safety. 

He had a rotten couple of months being closely watched by the other Deatheaters all summer. He hated the stares, the way his actions were being watched. Even now, when he was at his lowest, Harry-bloody-Potter has to poke his nose into his business, watch his every move and make a huge deal about it. 

Draco growls in annoyance, pulling Aine behind one of the large columns to hide. He places a firm hand on Aine's cheeks and she meets his terrified eyes. "You should go, love. You shouldn't be here," he tells her, knowing full well that she hates to battle against her own friends. Furthermore, he didn't want her here when they were fighting, where it could get detrimental.