[ 04 ]

(Trigger Warning: Torture, Blood)

Aine didn't know what had happened when night had fallen by the Malfoy Manor, the cellar she had been dumped in was cold and dark and all she could recall was being knocked out by the stunning spell. When she awoke, she wasn't sure whether hours or days had passed beside the new change in her clothing. She was now dressed in the lightest fabric of a plain tunic dress and no longer lying on the stone-cold floorings and her wrists were at last separated at last with one heavy metal shackle on each hand instead of chained behind her back. She was also now strapped around a wooden chair.

She looked down at her hands, trying to yank the shackles but obviously, they were too heavy to be pried apart with her weak fingers. Her heart tightened when she realize that the one thing that could calm her was gone. It was her charm bracelet. 

"No..." she uttered under her breath, feeling her heart race anxiously.

 Her eyes dart about in the dark, narrow on the ground as her feet aimlessly patted the ground to see if it had slipped out of her wrist. Even the pendant her mother had left for her was no longer around her neck. Her most prized possessions were all gone.

A shallow gasp left her lips and she bit down a sob.

There was no mistaking. They took it.

However, the question remains: What did they do to it?

Aine could only pray that they were not destroyed. That was the only memento she has left from her parents and the people who had given her strength.

She heard footsteps appearing in the dimming distance, followed by a pair of voices that she knew too well. One cackling while the other snickering. It was as if reality hit her slower ever since she had awoken, realizing that she had been imprisoned in the basement. While her brother— 

Aion!

The last she remembered was that her older brother had been dragged away, to where exactly she did not know. All she knew was that he had to be somewhere in the Malfoy estate, she could only pray that he was fine. If something were to happen to him too, Aine would not have been able to bear such heartbreak again. 

She swallowed nervously, her head throbbing as she tries to break the shackles with her own magic. Yet the more she tried, the sharper the pain in her head was. She was thirsty and hungry, not to mention she was freezing despite the spring breeze. Her head hung lowly and her hair covered part of her face, blocking how fatigued she looked. The chains binding her wrists were jangling as she trembles from both fear, anger and cold.

The gates opened with a screech and Aine squinted her best to see the faces of the pair of figures who had entered. She rolled her eyes with the little strength left in her when she had seen Bellatrix Lestrange and Cal... Whatever his last name was— Aine did not care to remember.

"Look who's awake!" Bellatrix greeted with twisted joy, clumping towards Aine who glares at the woman through her black locks.

"Still has the spirit, aye?" Cal commented, bending down to meet with Aine face to face. He brushes her hair away from her face to get a better view. 

Feeling his delicate touch on her face, Aine's breath hitches. She didn't want him to be touching her, especially not with those hands that had killed her father. 

Cal faked a pout at Aine's reaction and Bellatrix merely titter. He motioned for a chair and took a seat in front of Aine. "How are you feeling, darling?" he asks sweetly.

"Where's my brother?" Aine questioned and even though her voice was hoarse from the lack of water, there was a hint of ferociousness in her tone.

"Now, now, sweetie, all you need is to tell us where your mother dearest is. And we'll let you go! That seems easy enough, doesn't it?" Bellatrix added, offering a bargain.