[ 10 ]

Aion and Draco sat by the sitting room, exchanging quiet words in their conversation since there were eyes everywhere. It was discomforting, especially for Draco. This was his own house and yet he could not act or say anything freely. Even at home, he had to put up a facade to hide his vulnerability, to prove that he has some bit of confidence left even though his family was stripped of honour and dignity. In truth, he was utterly ashamed and close to losing his mind over the mission that only continues to cloud his fate.

Footsteps trod down the grand staircase and they turned to the figure who approached them, Aion giving a small grin while Draco's eyes softened. "Are you ready to go, Lianna?" the older lad inquires his sister. 

Aine wore a simple black outfit consisting of a half-neck long sleeves top that covered Aine's arms where the Dark Mark had scarred her forearm and a high-waisted pleated skirt that reached her ankles. She adorned the pendant her mother had left behind on her neck and the charm bracelet on her left wrist. After all the madness she had been through, Aine believed the precious bracelet had been lost since they had stripped her of her usual jewellery. However, Narcissa Malfoy had managed to keep them safe, knowing that the ornaments had meant a great deal to the girl. Only after Aine had been dismissed from her imprisonment did the Malfoy woman return them to their rightful owner.

The girl gave the two gentlemen a nod as they stood up. Today was the day that both Aine and Draco had to grab their school supplies at Diagon Alley, and also investigate a certain magical artefact that was going to play a crucial role in their attempts at assassination. They walked towards the large fireplace, hearts pounding nervously. Both Aine and Aion haven't seen their friends ever since their father died, today will be the day that the Estoileons will meet them after months. So much has changed since the two siblings had last seen their friends.

Just before they entered the mantle, Aion placed a hand on his sister. "Aine, hang on." 

Aine turned to Aion and raised a questioning brow. He sighed at her, "Your hair..." he said and the girl's lips parted slightly, forgetting about how different she had looked. Her hair was no longer black after all the tortures. It was now white, pure like the snow and glossy like the moonlight, wavy like the ocean's waves.

"Can't we leave it as it is?" Draco asks him, he hated the fact that Aine has to hide her appearance, that she couldn't show who she was now.

"It's too risky," Aion replies sadly, he didn't want to do this either but it would draw too much attention. Others will begin to find it suspicious enough especially after how thin his sister had looked too. If anyone had known about what the Estoileons had been through these couple of months, let alone that they were now part of Voldemort's army, it would endanger them too. The fate of their friends, and loved ones will all be jeopardised and they most certainly didn't want that to happen.

Aine pursed her lips and nodded. She understood where her brother was coming from, and the last thing she want was for her friends to be the target of the Dark Lord. 

They mustn't know... They cannot... 

With a simple wave of her wand, Aine transfigured the colour of her snow-white hair back to how it was previously. It took a matter of seconds when the roots of her hair dyed back to her usual raven-black colour. "Alright, it's all settled then."

It was decided that Draco would go ahead to meet with his mother to get their supplies while Aine and Aion would drop by their Weasley friends' new shop before joining the Malfoys. Draco gave Aine's hand a light squeeze to reassure her that everything would be okay as she pasts him into the Floo network with her brother. He nodded to the siblings who clasped hands, travelling together. "See you later, M'lady— Frère," the Malfoy boy said.