Adam Banks- Soulmate AU 🦋 F

Fem Y/n

F/c- favorite color (or just a random color)

Mostly set in D3, but mention D1 and D2

Background Information: everyone is born with a soulmate. The one person in the world that is truly meant for someone- and it all depends on a mark that is visible somewhere on that persons body. That mark can be anything, a shape, a design, some may be super colorful, while others could be just a solid color. They show up anywhere on someone's body- wether it's their face, their arm, their leg, whatever. Each one is unique. 

****

You and Adam had met when you were at a Hawks game, as your best friend's brother was one of his team mates. You got along right away, and eventually came to the realization that both of you had the same, f/c puzzle piece-shapes imprinted on your skin. Afterwards you both were nearly inseparable. While you never officially asked eachother out, you didn't need to. You were soulmates (and also like 10-) and that's all that mattered to you. 

He told you about how he had to move teams, and you made sure to reassure him when he got anxious about anything. You knew it was stressful for him. 

While you never met the ducks, you heard great stories about them from Adam. Charlie- his best friend- seemed really interesting. "He's pretty nice- I can't wait for our game next week!" Adam said excitedly. You laughed, and ruffled his hair. "You'll do great- I can't wait to hear about it"

****

"Y/n!" You turned around, seeing Adam rushing in excitedly. He was holding his roller skates in one hand. "What's up Banksie?" You asked, leaning against the counter, grinning. "We're going to the Jr. GoodWill games!" He exclaimed. Your face lit up as you pushed off the counter and embraced him in a tight hug. "omg! I'm so proud of you!" You squeeled, pressing a kiss to his cheek. He buried his face in the crook of your neck, grinning widely. You stayed in each other's arms for what felt like hours, swaying back and forth slightly.

****

"I'm gonna watch all your games and call you atleast twice a week-" you said, as you walked with him to the airport. He laughed, and nodded, "you better." He then leaned forward and pecked your lips sweetly, before pulling away and running to catch up with the rest of the ducks. "Love you!" You yelled, and he turned back to you grinning widely. "Love you too!"

****

 You spent the rest of those few months binging the Jr. Goodwill games, and scouring the news for any mentions of team USA. You would call Adam almost every week, and talk for hours. The team got curious as to who he was talking and eventually asked him about it.

"Soooo, banksie, who are ya always talking to?" Jesse asked. Adam looked up at him, confused. "What?" 

"Oh you know, the person your always calling and stuff." Charlie shrugged, smirking slightly as he had a small suspicion as to who it was. A red hue tinted Adam's cheeks, and he smiled. But before he could answer, Dean butted in. "Is it your girlfriend~" he smirked, leaning on the locker next to the bench that Adam was sitting on. Adam chuckled, shaking his head. "Yeah, actually." 

This made the team smile. "Is she your soulmate?" Connie asked. "Yep, I met her back when I was on the Hawks team. Her names Y/n." He smiled, becoming more flustered. The ducks continued to bombard him with questions- that was until Coach came in wearing a fancy suit, with his hair slicked back. The teams attention shifted, as they began teasing him instead. 

**** (it kinda changes to 3rd person POV from here- I'm sorry for any confusion I'm just not great with perspectives and such)

It had been about a year since the Jr Goodwill games. The ducks had, of course, won, and Y/n immediately called him after she saw the game on tv. "Adam! Oh my god- you did it! I'm so proud of you!" She practically had screamed into the phone. 

The team was now joining high school, and began attending Eden Hall. While they had been moved back to Minnesota- Adam and Y/n were still unable to meet up again as she was unfortunately out of town for most of that time. They still called a lot, but it wasn't until a few months after they began attending Eden Hall that she returned. (Yes this is set after some of the stuff with the Varsity team- so Adam is back with the ducks right now.) 

When she returned, the first thing she wanted was to see her lover. What better way to do that then surprising him at his school? She would get to see Adam, and meet the Ducks for the first time! Win-win, right? The h/c started preparing at once, looking down at the mark on her forearm and smiling in admiration. 'Only a few days, till I see you again...'

****

It was lunchtime at Eden Hall. Students scattered about the lunch room, chatting amongst themselves. The Ducks and the Varsity team constantly giving eachother cold stares. Pretty normal right?

Well, while everyone sat at their tables, a certain h/c haired girl approached the doors to the cafeteria. Stopping in front of them, she took a deep breathe before stepping forward and pushing the large wooden doors open, revealing the various tables full of high schoolers. 

A few students turned to look at her, but most didnt pay any mind to her presence. She looked around the room, before spotting the familiar boy. She grinned, before walking quickly in the direction of the table. He had his back turned to her, so he had no idea she was approaching. She stopped behind him, still managing to go un noticed by him.

Some of his team mates looked at her in confusion, as they didn't recognize her. She stepped forward, and put her arms on either side of the blonde boy. Adam's eyes shifted to the arms, confused. "Hey banksie" she smiled, and at that moment it all came together. Charlie saw the edges of a f/c puzzle piece sticking out from under her sleeves, which matched the one of his best friend. Adam's eyes widened in realization, as he turned quickly and made eye contact with the girl. 

"Y/n!" He shouted, standing up quickly and embracing her in a tight hug. She smiled and returned the hug with just as much force, maybe even a little more. The rest of the team seemed to realize who she was aswell, and grinned widely. Adam pulled apart and kissed the girl passionately, earning a few "ooh's" and "aww's" from the kids around them. 

They eventually broke away from the kiss, and just stood there, enjoying each others embrace for a while as they rocked back and forth gently. "Oh my god I missed you.." Adam said, his voice slightly muffled. Y/n chuckled. "Not as much as I missed you, Adam.." she said, squeezing him tighter.