Benny Rodriguez/Phillips You Deserve Better ⚠️🦋 F

Summary: Y/n and Phillips had been dating for almost a year- but right before their anniversary Y/n catches him cheating. She gets very upset but doesn't leave him yet, and Benny gets frustrated as he's been crushing on her for years

Fem reader

Hurt/comfort ig

Cheater Phillips

Y/n POV

"Alright I got the chips, what else do y- Phillips?" You watched curiously as your boyfriend pulled his jacket onto his body, as if he was in a rush. At the sound of your voice he looked up,  noticing the snacks in your hand. "Sorry babe- gotta meet with the team." He said, putting on his shoes and walking towards the door. 

Your face fell, clearly disappointed. "Oh...um, well are we still gonna meet next week?" You asked. He turned back to you, hand still on the door knob. "Um, yeah. Yeah, that sounds great. Love you!" 

And with that, he rushed out the door. You looked on curiously at the spot where he once was, muttering a quiet "love you too..."

Sighing, you sat down at your couch while grabbing a chip from the bag. This was the 3rd time that month he had rushed off like that. You stared off into space while absentmindedly eating another chip, that is until a loud ring sounded from the kitchen. Getting up, you dropped the chip bag on the table and walked over to the phone.

"Hello?" 

"Hey Y/n- is Phillips over there? He left his glove at my house and I'm not gonna be at practice tomorrow to give it to him." 

It was Henry, one of the boys on Phillips's team. "No, he just left- isn't practice today?" You asked, a small suspicion growing in the back of your mind. "Um, no? It's normally on Wednesday's, remember?" Henry said. "But he just said he was going to practice..." you mumbled, fiddling with the phone chord. 

"Well I don't know what practice he was talking about then, cause it certainly ain't baseball" 

You sighed, leaning against the kitchen wall. "Shit..." First he was rushing off at random times, and now he was lying to you. "Well uh, I gotta go. Don't get to worked up over it though, ok?" The boy's voice rang through the line,  and you nodded. "Yeah, um. Sounds good. See you around then, Henry".

You hung up the phone, a small 'click' coming from the phone holder as you trudged back to the couch. "God damn it.."

Were you doing something wrong? Why was he always running off like that? You had always just assumed it was baseball, but now...well who knows. 

You sat there for a while, contemplating what to do. Confront him? No, he might get angry. Follow him maybe? But that would be stupid. You groaned in frustration, no good solution coming to your head,

You couldn't break up with him, you loved him too much. Besides, you didn't have enough evidence to make a solid reasoning. 

'Oh!' Suddenly you shot up, an idea finally coming to your brain. 'I could literally just call him- god! Why did that take me so long?!'  You jumped up from the couch, going back to the phone that sat by the kitchen counter. 

Dialing his number, you held the phone to your ear as a soft ringing echoed through the phone and into your ear. 'C'mon....pickup....' After a few more rings, there was still no answer. You sighed, pulling the phone away from your face. 'Maybe I should call again...?' Once again, you dialed in the number to his phone. And just as before, there wasn't an answer. 

"This is useless!" You groan, putting the phone back in defeat. You pulled yourself up onto the kitchen counter, swinging your legs back and forth. You racked your brain for any sort of solution, any sort of excuse that he might have. But still nothing that made sense. 'Maybe he's planning something for our anniversary....?'