R. Tanaka - Hanahaki Disease ⚠ F

Lol so i'm really into hanahaki au's and soulmate au's rn soooo yeah

Fem Reader

Angst

f/c - favorite color

Summary/Background info: You've had a crush on Tanaka for quite a few years, as you were the manager for the karasuno team. But hes always had an eye for the other manager, Kiyoko. Eventually the feelings hit you and you found yourself having to face a very difficult decision.

1st person POV

I stared up at the ceiling of my room, watching the fan spin in circles as the wooden blades blurred together. Music was playing faintly from downstairs, the sound of laughing and chatter filling the air. My parents were throwing a small get together with their friends, and I managed to sneak away from all the people. 

A strange pain had taken over my chest, and my head throbbed. I wasn't sure what was happening exactly, but my head was too clouded to think. Instead my brain was replaying the events from the previous volleyball pracice earlier that evening. 

*~Flashback~*

"Thanks guys! I wouldve done it myself, but we're all caught up in practice." suga said, grabbing the paperwork from me and Kiyoko's hands. "Don't worry about it, wasnt that big of a deal." kiyoko replied, and I nodded. 

"well thanks anyways, I'll make sure to give it to coach." Suga smiled, and turned away to set them on the bleachers. Kiyoko and I went to go join Yachi on the bleachers, but two familiar voices stopped us. 

"Our goddess has such a beautiful voice..." Tanaka sighed, as Noya stared at Kiyoko dreamily. My smile faltered a little bit, but I tried to force it on my face again.

"What a bunch of simps." said tsukki, and Kiyoko just sighed. "They never give up..." she mumbled, sitting down on the bleachers next to Yachi. 'I wish he would talk to me about that..'

"We aren't simps! we just strongly believe in the Kiyoko supremacy!!"

"Yeah! Don't get it twisted, saltyshima!" Tanaka added, making that weird, stupid face that for some reason made my stomach turn. "Thats not a thing, you guys." Kiyoko said, and Noya and Tanaka practically fainted. "Our goddess acknowledged us.." they said dreamily

"....Kiyoko, supremacy?" 

*~End Flashback~*

I groaned and turned on my side, squeezing my eyes shut as if it would somehow help. The chattering from downstairs was interfering with my thoughts, but they kept rushing through my brain and overlapping eachother. "Good god..." I muttered, getting up from bed and trudging over to my bathroom. 

I rubbed my eyes to adjust to the bright light that came when I opened the door. I looked at myself in the mirror for a moment- I looked exhausted. Which I was, so I guess it made sense. I turned on the faucet and ran my hand under the cold water, before splashing it on my face. 

I washed my face quickly, before wiping it off with a spare towel. I sighed again and looked in the mirror, but something felt off. The pain in my chest suddenly became overwhelming, and my throat burned. I coughed roughly, grabbing at my throat and leaning one hand against the counter. I thought I was gonna throw up, so I stumbled over to the toilet and knelt down in front of it. 

Stray strands of hair fell in  my face as I felt something rising in my throat. But instead of puke, a small f/c petal fell into the water. My eyes widened as I looked at the petal curiously. "Am I seeing things..."