Chapter 11

[this chapter is very short and involves a nightmare and mentions of death + injury, if that's not ur thing feel free to skip. Not particularly vital to the plot]

The very very early hours of Christmas morning, Friday the 25th of December 1992. (1am? Maybe 2am?)

The smoke filled your lungs and you couldn't breathe, you felt far too hot, you tossed and turned but only opened your eyes when you heard the scream.
Your room was engulfed in flames, all that surrounded you was flickering yellow, orange and red. There was that scream again, you tried to get out of bed but you'd inhaled so much smoke that your body didn't want to obey your requests you felt yourself slipping into darkness, you felt the flames lick the skin of your torso and you felt a heavy weight land on your chest. You tried to scream but all that came out was a deep guttural moan. This was the end you were certain. You were twelve and your life was already drawing to a close. You tried to scream again but between the weight pinning down your chest and the smoke you'd inhaled caused  not the slightest sound to come out.

"Y/n! Wake up! I'm here!" You felt yourself being shaken softly awake. You open your eyes and see a wide eyed Narcissa.

You feel a deep sob rake your body and Narcissa pulls you into her arm, she made soothing sounds and stroked your hair until your sobbing subsided.

"It was just a dream sweetheart, you're safe, I promise you that." She reassured you.

Your ragged breathing begun to slow and after five minutes you extracted yourself to look  at the older witch.

Through a shaky breath you begun to apologise for waking her.

"No no don't apologise dear, it's okay... would you like to talk about it or?" She asks.

"I..I.. every year for the past six years on Christmas Eve I've had the same dream. During my first year at Hogwarts on Christmas Eve a massive fire broke through my house, I nearly died, inhaled smoke, suffered third degree burns and broke a few ribs from the pillar in the roof falling on my chest, but I made it and recovered. My parents didn't though, they died at saint Mungos the day after Christmas." A few tears trailed down your cheeks.

"I'm so sorry Y/n." She said, she lied down in your bed and took you into her arms, you buried your face in the crook of your neck and let out a few more sobs as she stroked your back. "Try to get some rest sweetheart, I'm right here, okay?"

You nodded and felt yourself begin to drift back into a deep sleep.