9 :) Aminah

Another reason I delayed coming till evening was so it wouldn't be long before morning comes, and we get this over and done with. When I woke up this morning, Alex was still sound asleep on his side of the bed. After washing my face, I made my way outside the room, needing a cup of water. I met Alex's mom outside instead, looking so excited and on edge.

"Morning ma'am."

"Morning dear. I made breakfast already, it's on the table. Unfortunately, I don't think I can digest anything right now with how nervous I am so I'm heading out. Tell Alex not to be late." she rambled out all at once and left before I could say anything. That went well.

The exhibition doesn't start till after noon, so I still have some hours to myself. After doing my thing in the bathroom, I had breakfast and decided to binge watch movies on my phone since Alex was still in bed- sleeping. I've got to know he's a heavy sleeper considering the amount of noise I made while getting ready and in the shower.

I don't know how, but the next thing I see is a towering Alex. Looks like I fell asleep amidst my movie. "Sleepyhead." he muttered, flashing me a smile.

"What time is it?" I yawned, rubbing my eyes as he moved back, putting little space between us.

"Time for us to leave. It's past 1pm." he said and I jumped up.

"What!!" I said frantically. How did I manage to sleep that long? "Why didn't you wake me!" Hell, it's gonna take me give or take another thirty minutes to get ready.

"It's fine," he waved me off. "You don't have to panic. It's no sin if we get there a little late." I looked at him with disbelief, now understanding what his mum said when she said he shouldn't come late. Not wanting to waste more time, I ignored him and went back in the room, getting ready.

Seeing as we were already late, I added much effort into minimizing the time I'd use to get ready. I wore a long black gown which was split at both sides and has a twine interlaced at the slashed side. I didn't have much to do with my hair seeing as I was on Anita Becker low cut style.

Alex had gotten ready while I was taking a shower, so he left the room already to go out- probably to give me some privacy. I saw him dressed in a fitted black suit, with a black shirt underneath. He had the collar and first button open with no tie in sight. This is the first time I'd see him dressed so formal, and I've gotta admit, he looks hot.

"You look pretty." he said and I smiled at the compliment. That's a first. I've heard people compliment me with various words, but not pretty.

"Thank you. And I prefer you in suits." I wasn't gonna compliment him firsthand, his ego is big enough as it is.

"Is that a compliment Melanin?" he smirked mischievously, drawling out the pet name and I rolled my eyes at him.

It didn't take us long to reach the venue, thank goodness for that. We were about to get off the car when I asked. "Anyone I should be weary of?" 

"Just my aunt and nephew- Fred."

"Ok." Even being here, I could still feel that rich aura surrounding me as I saw the museum. Life isn't fair to everyone.

He threw the car keys at the valet who nods and collects it. He came round to my side, placing his hands on my lower back. I noticed how everyone was dressed up, thank goodness I wasn't under-dressed. I had barely looked around when Alex pushed me a little forward. "Come on" he whispered, ushering us forward to meet his mom. If it were in a different situation, I could have paid attention to the tingles I felt on my skin, but not now. This event is the main reason for this whole pretense, so I need to play my part well.