21 :) Aminah

I've always been told I had little patience, patience that ran as thin as ice. However, that couldn't be the case now. I knew I was gonna have to be patient if I wanted Alex to tell me what was going on, and that was what I did, waiting patiently on the kitchen counter whilst he looked conflicted at my front. I could see he was having a war with himself, but I was gonna wait here patiently till he caved, that was why I decided to spend the night.

I've been in far too many similar situations with Alex to guess this might happen- him pushing me away every time he finds himself in a hassle. After what seemed like forever, he gave in. "I had a run-in with Austin after our last match" I rubbed his hand soothingly with my thumb, carefully unclenching his fists.

"What did he say?" I probed, my whole attention fixed on him.

"He said he was gonna make sure I end up like my dad." he revealed, running his hand through his hair. I could see how that statement affected him a great deal, and I'm guessing that's because his dad was mentioned. I don't know Alex's dad, but I know enough to know how much Alex adores him.

"You aren't gonna end up like your dad Alex, I promise." I said holding his gaze in mine. I couldn't help but think back to what his mom said about needing him to control his emotions and not the other way around. If I'm asked what Alex's greatest fear is, I'd say he has the fear of not ending up like his dad. Even his mom mentioned it the other day, I just don't want him ending up like his father.

"What happened to your dad?" I asked, mentally crossing my fingers and hoping he'd answer.

"He was involved in a car accident," he released a shaky breath and I rubbed his hand with mine, silently telling him I'm here. "His car collided with a trailer, he was going over the speed limit after coming back from a reunion."

"I heard he had quit boxing before he died?" I know I was walking on thin ice but I couldn't help my intuitive mind. I know I was pushing it with all the questions, but I know there's no way in hell Alex would tell me if I don't ask him myself.

"Yeah." he said after a while. "His drink was spiked just before his match. That match was supposed to help boost his career, but it ruined it instead." I stayed silent and allowed him continue. "The team is the same one Austin is fighting for," My eyes widened in realization. "Austin's father was also a boxer. He's also involved in the iniquity against my dad." That explains why he's so worked up. Knowing the same set of people who acted unjustly against your dad are also out to get you isn't exactly a good feeling.

"I'm always gonna be here for you." I said softly, looking deep into his eyes so he'd know I meant every word I said. He nods in response, and I continued. "What about your therapy, isn't it working?" I overheard Nate talking to him about it the other day at the cafeteria.

He looked at me dubiously for a moment but I didn't let my face give me away. I have to make him think he told me himself so he wouldn't withdraw back into his shell. "It was." he said after a moment before continuing. "I stopped going for a while, thought I didn't have the need to. I guess I was wrong." he sighed.

"You need to continue attending the sessions," I said quietly, almost sounding like a whisper.

"Okay."

"Do you need me to go with you?"

"No." he shook his head. "I don't want you to see me like that." I totally wouldn't mind going with him to his therapist, but I also understood that he might not want me there, he might not feel comfortable talking to his therapist while I'm sitting beside him so I didn't push it further, just telling him I'm here for him whenever he needs me.

I placed a soft kiss on his lips, and his lips moved in sync against mine. I leaned further into him, stopping just at the edge of the counter as his hands held my naked thighs. When I chose to wear a gown earlier this morning, I had no idea this was going to happen, and right now, I'm glad I did. Alex deepened the kiss, passionate yet harsh at the same time. He conveyed his earlier felt emotion through his lips, dominating the kiss while I tried to keep up with his pace.