16 :) Aminah

It's been two days after the match, two days since I've last set my eyes on him, and two days since he's asked me to go with him to his boxing practice. After the party the other day, I've been doing a lot of thinking, mulling over what Cassidy said, and pondering about all the what ifs I've conjured in my mind. 

It's my day off today-Saturday, and I was still making breakfast when my phone chimed with a text.

Alex: Morning Minah, how was your night? I was wondering if you'd like to come with me to practice later today, and we could also grab lunch too.

Unfortunately, Jenny was beside my phone when the text entered. It didn't take long for her to put my passcode and read the message out loud for me since I was still making the omelettes. Not minding how hard I pleaded with her not to send a reply, she did and told him I'd be ready by one.

So now, that's what I'm doing, waiting on him to pick me up from my place. "You know there's no need to freak out right?" Jenny said and I glared at her.

"Yeah, because you texted him back against my will." I said exasperated. When I came back the other day, I told Jen about what happened in the bathroom with Cassidy, and my thoughts about the whole issue.

"I texted him back because I know you weren't going to. You need to ask him about all these thoughts you've conjured in your mind, you know it's not healthy coming to a conclusion without hearing his own side." I wasn't able to respond because I received a call from Alex at that moment.

"He's here." I said blandly, still not feeling too great about meeting him.

"Minah, I know you don't want to talk to him, but at the same time, I also think talking to him will help clear things." I sighed in agreement, it's no use staying angry at her when all she has in mind is my best interest.

"Hi," I said as I got in the car, breathing in his fresh familiar woodsy scent.

"Hey stranger." I couldn't fight back my smile as he said that. Somehow, we've made that an inside joke between the both of us. "Are we good to go?" He asked and I nod. He fastened his seatbelt and I did mine too before he ignited Rex.

I stayed quiet, fiddling with my fingers as I debated on what to say to ease the uncomfortable silence. "Did I do anything wrong?" He asked suddenly, his eyes not wavering from the road.

"Why do you ask that?"

"I don't know, but I feel like you've been acting different." he glanced at me briefly before putting his attention back to the road.

"I'm not." I lied without batting an eye. I know this is the perfect time to say whatever it is I have to say, but the proud part of me doesn't want to bruise her ego.

"You have, and it's been since the other night at the party. Tell me Minah, what did Cassidy tell you?"

"Can I ask you something else instead?" I said.

"Okay."

"Do you really consider me as a friend?" Even though I'd prefer for us to more than friends, I think it'd be best if we actually start from being real friends. He turned at me as I asked, stopping at a red light.

"You know I do." He stared deep into my eyes and I stared back into his grey eyes. "I consider you a friend, just like I know you do."

"So you mean you have no ulterior motive to our newly found friendship?" I asked again and he smiled at me, reminding me of the times when all he ever did was throw a smirk my way.

"Was that what Cassidy said to you?" I shrugged and he ran a hand through his hair.

"Minah, I have no secondary motive, I swear. I know I don't have a good record when it comes to hanging out with the other sex, but I promise, I have no hidden motive towards you" he pleaded.