14 :) Aminah

Jenny's exact words were "OMG, I totally ship you two together." I snorted at her words, not still feeling great about having to wear his sweatshirt. As promised, he sent his keys to me, sending it through a freshman- Jay, I think.

Once the clock struck two, I made my way to the arena, pushing and trying to get the front. I went with Jen, not wanting to get squished and lost in the crowd. It wasn't until I got in that I wore the sweatshirt, making sure to use a hat to cover my face. Times like this are when I wish I kept a long hair to drape my face. Jen smirked at me and I flipped her off, not wanting to talk anymore about it.

I walked further in the arena, looking at everything with awe. This was the first time I'd come up close with the whole place. I've never had any reason to come in, so I've always just passed this place by.

The ring was at the center of the arena, and on an elevated ground. I held on to Jen because just like Alex said, the crowd is fucking wild. I thought he was exaggerating when he was telling me, turns out he isn't. I guess I underestimated the length to which boxing is supported over here considering it's the only one sport they're good at. I was still trying to make out any familiar face in the crowd when someone tapped my shoulders.

"I've been looking all over for you," Nate said as I turned around to face him. "The sweatshirt really helped." he smirked at me and I refrained from telling him to fuck off, muttering profanities in my mind instead. "Let's go the front, Alex's match is up next." he continued and I nod, linking my arms together with a suddenly quiet Jen.

He led us to the front row, the closest to the ring, a barricade put in between both to separate it. It was barely minutes later when Alex and his opponent- which isn't from our school- were called out and introduced. I tried making eye contact with him but his eyes were trained solely on his opponent. "I can get you in during one of his breaks." I turned at Nate, furrowing my brows at him, not quite understanding why he's been breathing down my neck. I think he got the message because his eyes widened quickly as he raised his hands. "I'm simply doing what he asked me to." he said.

"Which is?" I probed further.

"He said to make sure you're safe, and to explain everything little detail to you since it's your first match." I bit back the smile trying to form on my face as he continued. "He also said I can bring you in if you want, emphasis on the if." he said and I chuckled. Knowing Alex, emphasis on the if doesn't actually mean if I want, it means I should come. I nod my head in understanding at Nate, before I remembered. "Don't you have any match?" Considering he's also in the boxing team, I thought he would also have a match.

"No. Today's matches are only for those who have plans of being drafted into the UFC, and I have no desire to be." he explained and I nod. As if on cue, my eyes caught on the three men whose dressings stood out from everyone's. They were dressed in suits and have their eyes trained on Alex and the other guy. I sighed briefly, telling the big guy up there to make luck be on Alex's side.

The bell rang, signaling the beginning of the match as I linked my arm with Jenny's, looking for a sense of reassurance for my racing heart.

They bumped their gloves together at first, an after testing their jabs and blocks, Alex landed a blow on his opponent's rib, but before I could jubilate about that, the guy landed a hook to his jaw, making him move back on instinct. The other guy tried to use that to his advantage as he threw quick punches to Alex's side, but he was quick to block it, making making the guy frustrated. He squinted his eyes, accessing Alex for the quarter of a second, but Alex threw a punch on his face almost immediately, making the guy to stumble back, wiping the blood off his face.

Blood trickled down Alex's eyes slowly after the guy managed to multiple jabs at him, and I sucked in a breath. This was my first time watching a match firsthand, and my emotions were all over.