10 :) Aminah

Just as if the heavens were on my side, Ella chose that time to come up, looking at Alex with guilt and droll. The guilt expression is probably due to what happened back outside, and the other, that much is obvious, my lipstick is all over Alex's mouth. "Your mum asked me to get you." she said and turned around to leave. Not wanting to be alone with Alex for now, I followed her out, quick because he could ask me to wait.

Everyone outside continued with their business like nothing happened, chatting and purchasing artworks. I wonder what my mom would have said if she was here.

Not paying much attention to my surroundings anymore, I took my time to look around some of the paintings which weren't up for auction. One of it caught my eyes the most. A part of the painting was made purely white, while the other side was filled with different dark colours. A hand-like appendage protruded from the white side, wanting to pull the two wight which were drawn in the dark side. I can't help but think the painting has a personal meaning to it.

Hours rolled by, and I felt exhaustion crept up into my veins. I sought for solace at a table, pouring myself a drink.

"You good?" I heard Alex's voice beside me.

"Yeah, just tired." Images of his lips on mine resurfaced to my mind but I pushed them down, clearing my mind of all carnal thoughts about Alex for now. Whatever it is his mom called him for the other time, I have no idea, but I doubt it's something very nice seeing as he left her side with a scowl on his face. His grimace has long been dissolved though, so I think he's alright now, or he appears to be.

"Great, let's leave then." I looked at me, not quite sure his mom would like that.

"Are you sure?" I voiced out. Considering the fact that we came late, I think it's only fair if we stay for a while.

"Yeah, all we had to do was simply make an appearance. I think we've done enough." he said and I nod at him because as I much as I wouldn't want to leave now and seem rude, my whole body yearns for a nap.

"Ok. Is Fred still here?" I haven't seen the brute for a while, not that is presence is actually needed though.

"I don't know."

I didn't say a word after that, silently trailing behind him as he left. Even through the ride back, I stayed silent all through, there was nothing to talk about. If it was probably another person, I could have initiated a conversation, but not with Alex. There's something have conversing with Alex that always have me on edge, like there's a line I'm always scared to cross. Even while we were still at loggerheads, I preferred to avoid him rather than have any tête-à-tête with him.

After ensuring my face bare of any makeup, and taking a shower, I laid on my side of the bed, ready for sleep to take over me when Alex emerged from the bathroom, cleaned up and in a loose tank top, and shorts. His woodsy scent filled my nose, and I notice how damp his hair was. I released a breath I had no idea I was holding just as he called my name. "Minah,"

"Yeah?" I dragged my eyes to meet his. I could see the outline of his ripped chest through his clothes, alongside his huge biceps.

"Thanks for today, for everything." he said and I understood the underlying meaning under his words.

"It's fine Alex, everyone has a dark side to them." It's obvious how wounded he is about his anger, and how much it upsets him.