13 :) Aminah

One week, that's how long it's been since I've seen or spoken to Alex. One week since our whole pretense of being a couple. I wasn't avoiding him, and I doubt he was too, we've probably both just been busy with life. I went back to my daily routine, working my shifts as usual, and I guess he also went back to doing whatever it is he does.

Jenny welcomed me back with a smirk, asking if I got some during my stay. I asked her to shut it, not quite in the mood when she asked. I couldn't help but feel like shit when I got back, and I don't know whether to blame it on deceiving Alex's mom after she welcomed me with open hands, or to blame it on myself for listening to what I shouldn't have known. I should have stopped her the moment she started, probably tell her something or anything, just to make her not talk, but I didn't. Instead, I sat and heard what weren't meant for my eyes, and that has been killing me.

Ever since we've been back, aside from the one time I saw Alex in our combined class, I haven't set my eyes on him. Even that one time, I was in a personal angst with myself. I kept thinking back and forth if I should or shouldn't inform him. We didn't say much to each other that day, more like I didn't allow him talk seeing as I left in a rush.

There's an upcoming boxing match, which I know of, courtesy of Jen. Unlike most schools, our school offers boxing as a sport, holding occasional matches ever now and then. I was done with my classes for the day, already heading to my shift at the café when my arms were suddenly eased of my bag pack. "Going home?" Alex asked, more of a statement.

My nose picked up his woodsy scent, filling my senses with such strange tranquility. "Yeah, thanks." I smiled in appreciation at his gesture, leaving my bag with him, I was kinda getting tired. We walked in silence and I felt a little uneasy about the whole situation.

"Should I drop you off?" He asked. If he noticed my tensed shoulders, he didn't mention anything about it.

"Ok." I breathed out as I followed him down to where he was parked. He had barely left the grounds when he continued. "I barely saw you through out this week."

"Yeah." I cracked my knuckles nervously and he glanced at me briefly.

"Is everything alright, you've been acting strange ever since you went out with my mom." I couldn't have looked at him any faster if I tried. I looked at him and debated whether he knew or he didn't.

"Your mom," I started, deciding to get it off my chest. "Your mom told me things about you." I paused to gauge his reaction. While a part of me knows he wouldn't hurt me, physically at least, I wasn't sure how he would react.

"I'm guessing she told you about how she wants me to learn to control my anger issues, and not end up like my dad right?" He said with a chuckle, taking me aback.

"You are not annoyed at me for listening?"

"Why would I?" He asked like it was the most natural thing to say. He glanced at me briefly before diverting his attention back to the road. "Is that why you've been acting weird?"

"Well, yeah. I kinda felt bad I heard what I shouldn't have, so I thought you would be mad at me." I fiddled with my fingers.

"Minah, I knew what happened was inevitable. I'd be damned if I blame you for anything. It's not like you could have probably told my mom not to talk because we weren't actually a couple." he said with a small smile.

"I guess so." I sighed in relief, feeling like a heavy load just left my chest.

"Are we good now?" He asked as we took a left turn heading to my dorm.

"Yes." I gave him a nod.

"Since we're on the same terms now, would you come watch my match tomorrow?" He asked finally getting to my place yet I made no effort to get off.