2. Paid

Goosebumps occurred looking at him who was barely awake to say something. My breath hitched watching him slinking on the floor while he kept mumbling m name. I had my full sympathy with him because he was more than injured to even stand.

"You can buy him."

I snapped my head to Jiyeon who had her arms crossed across her chest with an amused expression. My jaw dropped because I didn't expected her to caught us talking, basically Jungkook begging me to get him free.

After taking one last glance at Jungkook I walked towards her. I tugged her hand and said," Are you crazy? I am not going to buy myself a slave." She shook her head and sighed. She turned my face to Jungkook who was sobbing inside the cage. He looked pitiful and starved. Jiyeon leaned to my ear and whispered," If not you then anyone else would buy him. Look at him, do you think he would get a wise life if he would be sold to a rich man? As far as I know his handsome face would lead him to someone's bed than embrace."

A lone tear escaped my eyes when I saw him so broken, crying in his palms. His doe eyes were swollen and I could not make myself imagine how that long lost smirk was replaced by terror. My heart clenched as I whirled around and said," I will buy him but with my own money."

"What are you saying? You can't pay the price. Let me pay instead of you."

I held her wrist and said," No thanks but I want to do it on my own." After a lot of debate she finally agreed because she knew most likely I was going to spend my saving on him.

When she bought herself another slave with a name tag Kim Taehyung went up, standing in front of the owner. He checked me out while I nervously tugged my hair back.

"Can you even afford him?" I stared at him and said," I can nourish him. Just name the price and hand him to me." He hummed after listening to my confidence. He gave me some papers to sign that made me the owner of my ex-bully. When I paid the price which was high above my monthly salary I realised that he was worth of my annual income. That damn Jungkook!

He gave me a guide book and some depressants in case the slave went wild. I was going through the book when I heard the rattling of chains. Looking up I found that man dragging Jungkook towards me. He was holding the leash of Jungkook while pulling him mercilessly. Jungkook only hissed but didn't dared to say anything.

That man stood in front of me with a smugly look and said," Wanna check out the slave?" Jungkook's tear fell more tremendously when the owner tugged his jute clothes and started lifting his stinky dress. I could not believe how many times Jungkook had to go through this intimate interrogation. I didn't liked watching him cry. No one wanted to show their body to a stranger, even if he knew me.

I held that hand and yanked it away. I pointed my fingers at the trader and commanded," Hands off! Now he is mine." Jungkook was stunned with my behavior but I stood stiff. Jiyeon also joined me." Give her the leash. You are wasting our time."

Jiyoen's words were never denied so he quickly uncuffed Jungkook's wrists and handed his leash to me. When I gently wrapped the leash around my knuckles and pulled him against me. He was fragile that his massive body leaned on me. Though it was hard but I gave all my strength to support him. Hooking our arms I helped him come out of the cage. His uneven breathing were fanning my pinna but that wasn't the major issue. All my attention was on his consciousness because he seemed to pass out any moment.

In a trembling whisper he mumbled," Thank you, Y/N." And he passed out on my shoulder. Jiyeon saw him and asked his bodyguards to carry him for me. Jiyeon ruffled his new slave's hair and then turned to me," You'll have to work harder. I don't think he will last. He is so... Damaged."

I pulled the door of the car and said," I don't mind. I didn't bought to pet him. I bought his freedom to give him freedom, not again captivate him." She shook her head and went inside her car with her Tiger hybrid and bodyguards.

On the other hand I looked at Jungkook who was sitting at the bus stop. I sighed before taking baby steps towards him. I sat beside him because the next bus was about to arrive. I didn't had a car. Moreover I came here with Jiyeon wih a plan of not buying anything yet I bought a hybrid.

What an irony!

While swinging the legs with boredom when I heard a groan coming from right. I turned that side and saw him waking up. He held his temple and growled, maybe purred? His whole chest vibrated when he let out a moan of pain. He sheepishly blinked his eyes then looked around. That's when his gaze fell on me.

"Y-Y/N? That means it wasn't a dream. Did you really bought me?" I nodded." You owe me a large sum of money, Mr. Wolfie." He smiled with his bunny teeth and suddenly wrapped his hands around me.

He snuggled his face in the crock of my neck while I sat there frozen to think anything. Soon I felt warm liquid on my shoulder which was his tears. "I was so traumatized when I was constantly being auctioned but I am glad you were the one to own me, not someone else."

"If you are planning to bully then forget it." I pushed him away playfully and wiped the shoulder. " I bought you. I am your owner so I let you go. Go away and never come back."

"W-What do you mean?"

"I can't afford another responsibility. Slaves are too much work. You are getting your life back, go enjoy it because I am unleashing you. Go..."

The bus honked and stopped at the stop. I board it and wished for Jungkook's well being but when the bus was about to leave he climbed up. The driver asked for the payment but he looked my way with his bunny eyes.

Was he a wolf hybrid or bunny hybrid?

Rolling my eyes I stood up and said," Why are you following me?" Hugging his own body he said," I am cold and hungry." I scoffed then paid for his ride. He followed me and sat beside me.

"I don't have money. I am broke, at least go find yourself some rich ass sugar mommy to feed you."

"Instead of that you can be my mommy." My cheeks got tinted after my blood rushed to my brain. "Did you just flirted with me? Let me remind you Jungkook, we were never on good terms. As far as remember you were my bully and hated me till the core. We don't belong together. Go to your family, they must be waiting for you."

His smile dropped as he stared at me. He said," I used to live with my grandma but she died when I was in final year of high school. Consider myself as an orphan since after graduation my parents sold me to the government to save themselves from getting sold." He wiped his eyes while I felt his pain.

"Sorry, it must've been a hard time for you. I too lost my father last year." He turned his face to me while I looked at my lap, fiddling with m fingers. "He was a government servent. Mr. Choi was my mother's friend hence I wasn't captivated. Even I am totally against this slavery though I bought you. That's why I want you to run away. This world is not safe for you."

He showed me puppy eyes and said," I would become stray and they will again send me to asylum. I don't have a place to stay. Can't you let me stay with you unil I find myself my personal space? Please."

I bit my lips and gave it a thought. He needed time so maybe if I took him for few days he would get time to find himself a better place.

"Fine but you'll have to sleep on couch since there is only one room for me. We could share the bathroom but once you get well you'll have to leave as soon as possible."

He smiled ear to ear while I turned around to lead the way. After few stops we finally arrived in my neighborhood. As expected in midnight, everyone was sleeping in their comfort zone while I was being followed by my new hybrid.