18. Run

They all turned to him and I felt the grip getting lose so I pushed her and ran with all sake because why not, my life depended on my small legs. If only I could run this fast in usual days then I would've failed Usain Bolt but today was an exception.

"Y/N, stop! Let me explain." I saw Jungkook chasing me with all his speed and I was really scared of how scary he looked. He was a predator who was reducing the distance between us with his maximum try. I didn't stopped but ran and ran, even pushed the tower of boxes to make him pause but he jumped over them. He did stumbled and crashed into people and objects while chasing me.

I came out under the sky and ran towards the gate which was a stupid mistake because it was guarded. "Guards, close the gate now!" Jungkook screamed from the entrance while I was running in case I could escape. My stupid mind was messing up with each decision I had to take to save my life, my first priority.

Just when I thought they were gonna close it I saw a SUV coming through the entrance and destroying the gates in the process. "Hop on, You're hope is here." Hoseok winked and I swear he was nothing but an actual angel. I climbed in and he immediately drove away. Meanwhile Jungkook followed us for a distance but gave up when Hoseok hit the accelerator.

He glanced at me nad asked," What were doing there, alone at midnight?" I tugged my hair and and said," Stalking him. Found out he dated me to perform an experiment."

"Oh my dear. Are you okay? Did he really injected something." I shook my head and he sighed. "Told you, he's not someone to trust. So, where should I drop you? Your house?"

"No. He could be already there. Take me with you." I said. He chuckled and said," I could have but cannot. Namjoon is practicing some experimenta and I can't give you more trauma."

"Then where?" I asked. He kept driving, looking on the road while tapping his fingers on the steering wheel and said," I think I know one safe place for you." He grinned and turned shrap right.

After a drive of another twenty minutes we were standing at the doorstep of a familiar mansion. "Tell me you're kidding." I said while glancing at Hoseok whi was smiling widely. "Nope."

The door opened and a man in his pyjama rubbed his eyes and yawned wildly. "Why did you you called me Hoseok?" He said while scratching his butt and when our eyes met he immediately hid behind his door and peeked.

"You should've told me you're bringing Y/N with you. I was acting so stupid." Seokjin started scolding Hoseok in his continuous speech that felt like a rap. I interrupted them and apologized.

"No, I understand. It was also my fault for disturbing you in middle of a night or maybe dawn." The sun was already above the horizon. He invited us in where Hoseok dictated him the scenario. His facial features instantly tensed up after hearing my high school bully's name.

"You can live here for the time being. I'll talk to your dean and I think he will definitely agree to my request." He said. I bowed. "Thank you." He hummed in response and bid farewell with Hoseok who practically went back to Namjoon. Seokjin glanced at me and said," Namjoon will come tomorrow. You can occupy the guest room from now on and feel free to ask anything. I'll ask a maid to provide you clothes."

I hummed as he turned to go. "Oppa, my exams are coming so can I get a set of books because I don't think I can go back to fetch mine." He nodded. "Of course, you'll get them. You can also go on the examination day, no need to attend regular classes." He smiled and went on his way to his bedroom while I went upstairs and chose the room at the end of of the hallway.

It was almost five in the morning when I showered and changed into new clothes that were placed on the bedsheet. I was tried from the run that it didn't took time for me to cover myself and close my eyes. But the images of Jungkook chasing me were crystal clear.

What will be his next step? Will he give up or threaten me to shut up? Moreover, I wondered if he ever lived me. Definitely, he cheated me for making me his lab rat yet I found out his true colors.

I didn't thought further and slept. I woke up around 2pm and was welcomed by silence. Seokjin was off to office and I was having lunch which was my first meal since the morning.

The door got opened and I saw Namjoon coming in with Hoseok. He waved at me and plopped on the couch while the hybrid sat across me and joined me for food. "Welcome to Kim's. I know what happened, Hoseok told me and I think you shouldn't go out for now. He's on search for you and who knows what is his plan."

"Seokjin said the same and trust me, I don't want to meet him anymore. He's an ex."
"Thank you, next bish!" Hoseok twisted his wrist like a drama queen and munched on a slice of pizza. I giggled and so did Namjoon.

It was a better day and the coming days were like this too. Days were passing like hours and hours were passing like seconds. Now, it's been four weeks since I last saw Jungkook and almost forgot about him since the kim brothers and that hybrid were a great company along with the heavy pressure of examination that was starting from tomorrow.

A knock gained my attention and I saw Seokjin coming inside with a tray of food. He placed it on my bed and tapped on the mattress for me to sit. I obeyed and started eating like everyday. "You shouldn't miss your diet. A healthy mind lies in a healthy body." I nodded before gulping the milk. I don't know why he brings me food like a kid but he really cared for me like a sister.

Or like something else?

Anyways. He cared for me. He tugged the hair behind my ear and smiled before cleaning the mess around my lips with his handkerchief. That thing skipped my heartbeat. I wasn't supposed to feel that way but if a kind and handsome man was treating a girl like a lady then any girl would fall for him. "You are a baby." He said. I hit his arms playfully and said," Don't call me baby. I am an adult."

"Of course, Ms. Old wrinkles." He teased me and earned another smack on his arm. We laughed and stopped when he said," Why don't you do internship in my company? I'll be more than happy to guide you."

"Isn't it too early? What if-"

"It's just an internship. If you would leave after it then I won't stop you because it's your choice but for now I really want you to work with me."

"I'll think about it." He smiled and said," I know you're gonna say yes." He patted my head and went out of the room with the tray.

I again started revising and after the last round I decided to wrap it up. A sigh escaped my lips when the softness of the cover sprawled above my body.

I didn't knew why I was feeling anxious. Was it exam or meeting the person I avoided since a month? I really didn't knew what I would do if I faced him. I prayed to God that he moved on from me. From me to anyone, even to Mia. I just don't wanted him around me. I shouldn't be scared because Seokjin himself would drop and pick me from the campus but I knew the corridors were the only possible place of our meeting since the examination halls were alloted according to the year in which we were.

Another sigh released and I drifted to slumber. Next morning I woke up with Hoseok playing loud hip hop music since his room was next door.

I went downstairs in a pair of jeans and hoodie and slipped into my backpack. " What's up! Dora, the explorer." I chuckled on what he called me. I didn't minded his tease because he also helped me a week ago during my periods.

Namjoon was a sweet guy who took my care and tolerated the tantrum I thrown. He's really a dear friend.

I had breakfast with the other boys and finally left with Seokjin who not only dropped me at the entrance but accompanied me until I entered the academic building. "All the best"said Seokjin as I thanked him. The bell rang and he left since I had to hurry into the exam hall.

[A/N]
I wanna write smut but my friends are reading it and damn! It's embarrassing. Stop stalking me you perverts🥲 so that I can write something erotic...
Anyways, I hope I get major reads in few hours/days for me to upadte another chapter ASAP.