13. Resistance

"You know you are ugly, right?" She smirked as everyone started staring at us, particularly me.

"Mia, you don't know anything. Jungkook is my-" I tried to explain her but hse cut me off. "Jungkook is no one's. I have seen his documents, he is about to get independent,what's left is for his owner to sign off that last application. So, don't take privilege of that." She pushed my shoulder. I stumbled back while no one said a word against her beauty.

"I'm not taking any advantage. I don't even want to be with him. I know he is as independent as us and has right to chose with whoever he wants to."

"Then why does he roams around you like a pup?"

She was spilling some random shit talk that I didn't understood. I defended myself. "If you are so after him then go ask him out. What's stopping you? Me? No, girl. I don't even care what's going on in his life or yours." She stomped her feet with gritted teeth.

Suddenly her frown turned into a sinister smirk before she leaned closer and said," I remember the game we played at Seokjin's party." My eyes knitted in confusion of why she was bringing that intimate talk in between the argument. And that's when it hit me, she used it as my weakness.

"Do you know that she has never dated?" She shouted enough for everyone to listen." Call her guys.... if you want a fun night." Everyone started laughing while I was at the verge of crying. Those cameras and stares, those loud laughs felt so familiar.

Just like in high school I was being bullied again, by some pathetic freshman girl. I had the potential to land an impactful slap on her cheek but anxiety kicked in, I was shivering and my ears started ringing as I felt my hands go cold and sweat dripping from my forehead.

I recalled everything from the blurry past, still fresh as new. Something I wanted to forget but lingers as a horrifying past full of nightmares.

My knees went weak as I held my temple and groaned from the spins I was getting. I was shaking yet tried hard to not show until it got worsen and I fainted.

Opening my eyes I was my hotel room. I slowly sat up against the headboard when Jimin coming in. "Oh my god, you woke up." He rushed to me, putting a plastic bag on the table and helped me to sit up.

"Why am I here?" I asked in a weak voice. He said," I found you fainted so I brought you here and called the management to offer a doctor. Luckily, you got checked and nothing serious was seen."

"Of course, mental health was distorted." I threw a joke when I noticed a bandaid on my forehead. I even hissed when touched that spot. Jimin gave me a two pills and asked to gulp them. I did it with the glass of water he offered and sighed.

"When are we going to aquarium?" I asked while leaning against the headboard. He covered me with the blanket and said," In thirty minutes but you are staying here."

"What! No. I really wanna see it, Jimin. That was the fun part. What's the use of coming here? What's the use of you convincing me?"

His jaw clenched when he gave a deadly glare at me. "I convinced you to enjoy, not to suffer. You need to rest and if you want I can give you company but roaming with weak stamina ain't worth your health."

He shut me up. I remained silent, just looking at my fiddling fingers. He was right. I also wanted some time to recover but that tour was too attractive, lifetime experience, to let go.

"Where is Jungkook?" He asked. "Aren't you hurt because of him? Where was he when this happened to you? I know everything, I saw the video."

"He is out." I said.

"God knows what would have happened if I didn't noticed the crowd."

A sniff sound was heard before he snapped at me with wide eyes. "Are you sobbing?" He asked. I shook my head while swiftly wiping off that threatening drop. He instantly cupped my cheeks and made me look at him. "You are. Aish!" He was regretting for the way he scolded me.

He knew I was the victim yet he involuntarily started to scold me. He cared for me and that lecture was to make sure I took step for myself. I understood that too but I didn't wanted to stay in a hotel room for nothing.

An impression of soft skin landed on my forehead which skipped my heartbeat. A small peck from a guilty Jimin made me wonder why I was feeling so comfortable around him? Like a family, like a mother he was taking my care.

He pinched my cheeks while smiling widely. He said," You're such a crybaby yet you know how to sway me, don't you?" He helped me stand up and held my hand in his. Closing the door we walked through the hallway when he said," Stick to me, you limping mannequin. We better hurry or everyone will leave." Gripping my hand tightly he dragged us out to the bus which was already filled with people.

When I climbed in I saw Jungkook saving a seat for me. Instead of that Jimin asked a boy who was alone to sit beside Jungkook while we sat behind them. I did noticed the frown and confusion on Jungkook's face. I also knew he saw the bandaid on my forehead yet I decided to not drag the issue anymore. Just enjoy the ride to live aquarium.

When we got off the bus everyone was asked to be standing in an organised form, in their respective batch and made the hybrids to get away. Jiyeon was concerned more than confused. She was constantly asking me questions about the bruise though I didn't wanted to recall it. Ultimately, Jimin told her everything. She was ready to throw a fist on Mia before I asked her to not cause a scene in front of professors.

When we entred the place the roof was of glass and sharks swarm above us with small tanks filled with fishes placed one above another. Multicolored fishes, big, small, streamlined or corals, everything was fascinating.

By the time we were introduced to every species half of the students already got dispersed to explore it. I also took advantage of it and skipped with my two friends.

But what's wrong in a triad was one of them had to walk either ahead or behind due to the narrow path in the periphery of aquarium which was a separate section with dim lights for the showcase of luminous aquatic organisms.

I was walking behind in the dingy light when a blue coral attracted me. I stayed there for a slight moment when a hand covered my mouth and I was pulled by my waist, dragged into a corner deprived of light. After being pushed against a shelf I was about scream until I saw Jungkook standing in front of me.

"What have I done now? You are avoiding me and how did you got this injury?" Before he touched it I yanked off his hand and tried to walk away, if possible. I was again pulled back. This time, in his arms while I struggled to move and eventually gave up.

"You should go back. If someone will see us they'll get wrong idea about us." I said. He narrowed his eyes and said," They'll get the right idea of what we are. What's there to hide?"

"Don't talk like have something going in between us." I had to be harsh. My goal was to make him free, not keep close bonded with me. "What are we Jungkook? For sure you didn't proposed me then how could you be so possessive about me? You never confessed wheather you loved me or not."

"Y/N, we can't resist each other." I cut him off when I took upper hand of his bewilderment and detached him carefully. "I can because I don't wanna play guessing game anymore. Guess if you like me or not? Huh! At least, love is not a game. I feel like a fool." After saying that I whirled around to walk away

"Are words important?" I head him. They aren't yet I said those meaningless words to stand on my ground.

"They are."

I found Jiyeon talking with Taehyung. "Have you seen Jungkook?" said Taehyung and I simply shrugged my shoulders, before a candy floss popped up in front of my eyes. Jimin bought three of them. One for Jiyeon who shared it with her hybrid and other two were for me and Jimin respectively.

I was peacefully eating when I saw Jungkook coming towards me with furious steps before Mia blocked his way.