16. Assistant

It was Friday night and Namjoon had already sent me a message saying he would pick me up without Jungkook's knowledge.
Right now, I was sleeping beside my boyfriend who was already off to sleep, unaware that I was trying to sneak out of the house in middle of the night.

I carefully stood up, not disturbing his sleep and changed into casual clothes before going out in cold. The night breeze hit her skin the moment I stepped out. Namjoon waved and I did it back as I approached the car.

Sitting in the backseat I pulled off the hood and asked," Where are we going?" Hoseok who was sitting on the front seat next to Namjoon smirked and said," To the place where it all started. Bazar."

My throat went dry. The images of taht night were still fresh and I wondered why we were going there. "Why there?" I asked. Namjoon said," I heard that a group of scientists are illegally working there, transfusing people into hybrids, wild type. There is something that seemed suspicious when a friend of mine showed me his cousin's photograph. The one with Jungkook."

Hoseok said," Like I said Jungkook is not what he looks like so when Namjoon interrogated me about him I was sure enough to say he was highly involved in this case. He has an exceptional talent and I mean it just from the way he exploded the island."

I was in daze because sometimes I want to believe Jungkook but he was accused so exploding the bomb whereas he blamed it on Hoseok.

After a drive to the location I wore the hoodie and followed guys to an abandoned building near forest. After wearing a white mask and coat we went towards the mesh. Namjoon hacked the system for few minutes and cut out the wire mesh for us to get inside. We tip toed to get closer access while the guards were on duty at the main entrance, denying entry in the forbidden place except staff.

Thankfully, Hoseok was an expert in invading so he chloroformed three scientists in the backyard and gave us the IDs. We were playing more than James Bond because one mistake would cost our lives. Each step was dangerous yet we travelled to the innermost corner before anyone announced the alert siren. We had to hurry.

We entred a room which resembled the place in photograph a lot. It was the same room where human bodies were dipped into solutions. Namjoon walked ahead with hoseok and I followed them behind. We came out of the room and got into the next door. The wall between the room and janitor's closet was composed of wood, perhaps they separated a big hall into two by an interface of wood. Through the small gaps I saw them discussing over a human body.

"Fuse the gene of interest in it after twenty minutes. For now give him Cyclosporine to fail his CMI. Also, inject the serum to enhance the bodies excitement level."

The nurse nodded and slowly pulled the lever which initiated dissolving of electrode into the electrolytes of the vessel. Within seconds the man in it started shaking terribly. "40% left." Few more electric sharks in the capsules and the veins popped out from the neck and arms in red while his eyes turned bloodshot. It was hurting him while the heartless makers observed him like a job.

I almost puked if Namjoon didn't covered my mouth. Standing behind me he warned to not make a noise and suck it up below the throat if I didn't wanted to suffer the same. He whispered," They are doing the same procedure I do but there level is massively insane. Government has to know about it, let's go." Namjoon left.

"80% left. We can't control him. We should call him." I heard a doctor calling his colleague. Another young girl came, she fixed her glasses and examined the reports then said," We can't call Mad eyes but we cannot handle it alone. I think we should call his assistant."

All my attention diverted to them because he was the scientist who turned Jungkook into a hybrid and if he was alive then he had to be arrested at any cost. I never knew this project was handled by his assistant. That means, cops had to get their hands on this unknown personality who could be dangerous to mankind.

"Would it alright? He's in hiding and strictly commanded us to not bother him until necessary."

"It is necessary. Call him, Jungkook needs to come."

My breath hitched and jaw dropped. All I could do was blink my eyes into reality. Was it a dream or I was hallucinating? Tell ne I heard it wrong but no, they were speaking the language I understood.

"Told you he's bad" Goosebumps ran on my body arm when Hoseok surprised me with his deep voice. He was still a psychopath for me. " Huh! And no one believes me. He wants you to see what he wants you to see. He certainly does not want to show you the real side of him." I was in a dilemma whether I could believe Jungkook or not.

His whole existence raised a big question. If he was a scientist then why he was captured? If he was my bully then why he became my lover? For me a relationship could stand on the basis of trust and it looks like it was cracking up in pieces. I lied to me. I would have accepted him if he came clean but he hid his identity. What was the reason? Did he not trusted me?

My arms got pulled and Hoseok started dragging us out. He said,"Let's really leave this place before they make you one of us." I nodded. We left through the same way and drove away from that creepy place.

When they dropped me home I again came back. He was still sleeping when I went to have a bath so that the smell from the laboratory would fade away. When I came out Jungkook was already up, sitting on the bed.

"You woke up?" His asked in his deep sleepy voice. He was still sleeping and was dozing off. I got under the covers and said," Had a nightmare." He pouted and immediately pulled me in his embrace. Having my head on his chest and legs overlapped he wrapped his arms around my waist. Meanwhile I was anxious if the person I was sleeping with a giving me red flags. He was making me doubt him, our relationship and love.

Was it real or it was also fake? I shouldn't assume anything on my own but thoughts were so true to deny and were internally killing me.

I took a deep breath and drifted to slumber. Waking up I acted normal, with everything. His pecks, hugs and even when we went to work at Yoongi's cafe at weekend seemed like a routine. He used his bunny smile to attract more customers, not forgetting to send a wink once in a while. I shrugged that off and carried my work on the billing section.

We were about to close the door when Jungkook's phone rang. He tensed up, holding his phone with clenched hands with eyes knitted in irritation. " Is everything alright?" I asked. He nodded before excusing himself.

"He isn't cheating on you, is he?" said Yoongi. I shook my head. " I'm not scared of cheating but lies." Yoongi locked the cafe and bid farewell. I walked forward when I saw Jungkook groaning while he was talking to someone. "Okay, I'll come tonight but don't contact me on this number." He yelled before cutting the call.

I tapped his shoulder and he almost flinched. Replacing his frowned face with smile he said," Oh Y/N. Let's go." He pulled me close and took a bus ride. Whole time I was suspicious of where was planning to go. In three hours it would be midnight and he talked about going somewhere.

He was constantly looking at his switched off phone. "You love me, right?" He turned to me when he heard an odd question. "Why are you asking this babe?" I sighed because he asked a question for a question, instead of answering it. He was certainly hiding something.

I looked out of the window and looked at nowhere. His hands cupped my cheeks and turned my face to him. We were alone on bus when he kissed my nose, a bond of trust; on forehead, a bond of care then on lips that denoted a bond of love.

Was physical touch a language of love?

"I do." I was staring into his orbs which felt to be consuming me in their darkness, ultimately piercing into my soul, petrifying me to ask the next question.

"Are you hiding something?"

His grip slightly loosened and eyes wandered on my face. I held his cold hands and placed them in my lap. "Are you?"