28. Mistry

"Oh! That's why you came to visit me?" He said. I nodded, not wanting him to know what happened afterwards. "I would never do that with her. It was a rumor, nothing much out of the sh!ts her group tries to spread."

We digged into the food after what he clarification but then he asked," But where did you went?"

"Namjoon was wounded because of the protest going around." His lifted spoon pause for a bit as he glanced at me more closely. " Are these cuts from today?" He grew worried but I said,"Don't worry, they are treated and will be healed soon."

This statement brought some calmness in his tense muscles. "Good but make sure you never cross the roads without hearing the news beforehand. It's getting out of control and I can't afford to see you hurt." He continued eating then after. My mind again knocked out staring nowhere at particular.

"Jungkook..." The name rolled out of my lips so delicate which attracted his attention. "Are hybrids really heartless?"

His eyes widened and he made his way to sit beside me. He lifted my chin and pierced into it with his darkened orbs. " That's not true. I'm a living example of it. We are as tame and polite as we ar-"

"Made.. You guys are made that way. You guys are simultaneously built for battles. Is a war coming? Is it not safe anymore for humans in this city?"

Calling myself senseless was an understatement because I was really not feeling myself. From Hoseok to Namjoon then those zombie bangs on the car scared me to the core.

"Y/N! Stop talking absurd. You are talking about hybrids like they are some monsters or beast. He were also human and being a hybrid was not in our hand." He yanked his hands away, running his hand in hair afterwards to calm his nerves.

"I'm sorry." I tugged his sweatshirt with eyes glistened and pout of regret. He gently pushed my hand and took his plate off to the sink. "Baby, I'm sorry."

He paused without turning and said," Feelings get hurt, Y/N. Maybe that's enough for you to understand that hybrids are not heartless." He then shut the door with a slam while I was still at my spot.

I facepalmed myself for bringing a random political topic during dinner but it wasn't a joke too. It was serious and I was scared that something much more scary and suspicious was going on in underworld of therapeutics.

Slowly opening the door I saw the lights off and moonlight coming through the translucent glass of windows which were closed, presenting a minimal illumination. He was silent, probably slept out of anger on his side of bed with a blanket covering his body. I sneaked in, wrapping my hands around his torso because his back view was making me feel uneasy.

Soaked eyelashes overlapped each other like guttation of grass as a sniff of apologize made its sound. "I know you are hurt but everything that happened to me today but it's not what everyone could understand but can you please forgive me for my rudeness?" I didn't heard anything for him.

Perhaps love's the strongest emotion is an overstatement but when it comes to guilt, regret and self respect love could be served as a side dish.

My heavy closed and I drifted to slumber. The next morning I woke up with no one beside me and caressing the bedsheet felt cold. He must've woke earlier for reach his classroom on time. I sighed and did my morning routine.

After changing into suitable clothes I came out of the bedroom and saw a covered breakfast for me with a note sticked on the table.

I forgive you.

The mere message curved up my lips into satisfaction but the loss of warmth was barely soothing my inner twirl of emotions.

After consumption of delicious food I picked plate and bowl to drop it in the sink. The door bell rang indicating that someone was at there other than Jungkook. With baby steps I stepped ahead with intense gaze on wooden surface wondering who could it be at this hour.