17. Stalk

"N-No. Why would I? Don't you trust me?" He asked. I nodded but I didn't. "Then promise me you'll believe me." He caressed my cheek and kissed forehead. When we came out of the bus the walk upto the house was silent. None of us dared to speak in the utterly awkward moment. When we came home a message popped up in our respective phones.

'Examination would begin from the first week of next month.'

We shared a glance and sighed. For him it would be something promotional but tor me it's the finals from which I would gain marks for my biodata. A good mark was a must.

We changed clothes and ate the dinner I cooked though he insisted to make it on his own. He overly insisted. When I came out of the washroom after doing the night routine I saw him in the kitchen, mixing something in a glass of milk.

"Are you gonna sleep?" He was startled and crushed the paper in his hands before shoving it in his sweatpants. "Was waiting for you." I raised an eyebrow when he came towards me with that glass. "You should drink a glass of milk before sleeping. It will relax you."

He was more than suspicious for me. His dark gaze sent chills down my spin when he forcefully gave me the glass. "Drink it." He said un his dominant voice. He desperately wanted me to drink it but why? Something broke, breaking the silence between us. The lights went off and only the moonlight came inside through the window.

"I will go and see. You! Drink it away." He went away to check the electrical board and I tip toed to the flower vase nad poured the milk into it.

The hell! I won't drink anything I don't feel like it.

The lights came back and so did he. "Good girl." He praised me and took the glass away. Interlocking our fingers he dragged us int the bedroom and laid beside me as he always did. I tried to sleep but couldn't, not when he really talked about going somewhere at midnight.

And he woke up.

Right at the midnight he saw my sleeping figure and slowly discarded himself off the bed. I was pretending but heard him dressing up while calling someone. "Yes, I will come at Plot no. 54, Han bank. But you better have an important purpose or I'll slit your throat."

Shivers crept down my backbone when he left. I immediately ran to the window and peeked closely from the windowsill. Jungkook shoke hands with a girl from yesterday. She wore the same outfit when she asked her assistant to call Jungkook, she looked like a goddess but more like a villian.

When she roamed her eyes around I instantly ducked down with fast heart rate. She almost saw me. I again peeked and saw them driving away in a black Porsche.

I decided to follow them. It was dangerous but I had to find out whether he was being blackmailed or he was doing this on his own.

I took out the white coats from cushion of couch and wore it along with a mask. As I turned to leave my eyes fell on the flower vase in which I spilt the milk.

Flowers were wilted and dropped.

"He tried to drug me." I  thought and clenched my fists because the overflowing anger. I never imagined he would try to do something like that to me.

I booked a can which dropped me somewhere around the said address on an abandoned road which was familiar. It was the same neighborhood where Namjoon had brought me.

I was hiding behind a street light thinking of a way to get in without trouble. Suddenly I saw a hybrid ambulance and a group of doctors came out taking a rabid hybrid. I didn't wasted time but to mix up with them. I kept my face low and showed the ID card and since it was an emergency case they let us in without any pause.

At a turn I took the other way which was familiar because I knew if Jungkook gad came then he must've went to check on the patient which was being operated yesterday.

Coming inside the same room from last night I closed the door and peeked through the gaps.

"Level 120." A nurse said to Jungkook who was wearing a white coat and glasses, his gaze on the body floating in the fluid. He pushed the level to its limit and electric sparks started travelling into the solution.

I covered my mouth and thought if Hoseok could appear out of nowhere and help me out. The sight was disgusting me. The body with badly shaking due to electric discharge. "Level 140. And.... He's done." The nurse clasped her hands in joy meanwhile the poor guy in the capsule collapsed.

The woman I saw earlier traced his forearm and said," Of course, you are a masterpiece,Jungkook. You are capable of doing anything we can't."

"Remove your hands or I'll throw you in aqua regia." She immediately pulled out her hand because she didn't wanted to feel her bones melting like ice cream.

"You're so boring. Mad eye is more fun, he likes to have fun with me unlike you." She crossed her arms examining him like a candy but he was busy going through the paperworks. She tried to touch his hand but he stepped back.

"I don't want to wake up with different women in my arms." She scoffed coming closer and roaming her hands on his bulky chest and said," Stop lying. Everyone here knows you sleep with every girl except your colleagues. You neglect me because you know you'll get nothing in return but you date human girls to turn them into our next target. What was her name again? Lee Y/N, right?"

"I don't know what are you talking about," said Jungkook with stern eyes.

"You had enough time to gain her trust. When are you bringing your girlfriend?" Jungkook yanked her hand and asked," Who?" She said," Our new project. Have you forgotten the motive? You had to fetch another girlfriend and bring it here."

My throat went dry and eyes almost popped out. He was using me. He was playing with my feelings. All his care, attention was fake and he was doing all of this to gain my trust so that he could persuade me in being his patient out of love? Perhaps I took decision based on what I saw or what I was shown. If it weren't for Hoseok then I would've already been a bait for Jungkook.

"Should I order our men to bring her?"

"No, I gave her sleeping pills and our medicines will show chemical reaction with the drug she already took in."

"Okay, you should head back. Sunrise is an hour away." She adviced but Jungkook shoke his head and said," Firstly, I'll check other species then go back." She nodded and left the place.

I had to hurry too since I had to be on bed before he came. Thus, I messaged Hoseok to pick me who had given me his number in case of emergency and it was one. He texted back saying he would be here in five minutes.

When I looked up Jungkook was not there. Did he left? Oh no! I am not supposed to be caught. "I better hurry." I thought and stepped out of the small place. I walked through the corridor in a steady step bur fast pace. Keeping my face low to avoid the camera I kept walking but hot collided against someone. "Watch where you going." She was the same girl who picked Jungkook. Oh my luck!

I didn't said anything but kept walking like I never heard anything. I wanted to run. "Stop, right there. Is it how you treat your seniors? Show me your badge." My hands started shaking because I knew I was a second away from being caught. I suddenly wanted to get engulfed by ground or between walls. It was stupid idea to even step inside a base without a backup. I was regretting.

"Who are you? Why aren't you answering me?" Until this time all the eyes turned to us. Taking baby steps I slowly around and saw her staring at me. At the end of the hallway I saw Jungkook staring at us too but some gurads came in front of him and approached us. "Take off your mask." I only clutched the coat and started stepping back. "I said take it off!" She yelled before pulling out agun and pointing it right on my head. Cold sweat dropped down and I was shivering, watching my death this close.

She harshly took off my mask and threw it away. "You?!" She frowned. Then I flinched when I heard Jungkook warning his staffs.

"Get away from her! Now!"

[A/N]
Thanks to 300 readers who followed me and showered their love💜