26. Private but not a secret

"You wanna live with the same person who you ran away from?" Seokjin slammed his hand on the table which grabbed attention of all the people.

My eyes lowered at the coffee and hands clutching the hem of my dress. I bit my lips to prevent the sobs. When I glanced up I met his piercing gaze which was utterly terrifying but that's because he really cared for me. "Stop it, hyung. You're scaring her." Namjoon rolled his eyes before unfolding his hands. He sighed and looked at me.

"Are you sure?"

I nodded. Nothing came out of my mouth as I heard another sigh escape from the man sitting across me. Seokjin raised his brows and said," Will you ever regret in future for going back to him? What are your future plans, Y/N? Are you still on a hunt for job or you gonna settle with his money?"

"Certainly I wanna do a job. I cannot be dependent on him for everything and working is not a dream, it's my aim." My latent confidence boosted up a bit when he triggered the fume of independence in me.

He intertwined his fingers nad said," Then what have you thought about my proposal? Wanna intern in my company or does you have to discuss with him? Because my instincts says that he'll nullify your decision." My eyebrows knitted since it was the last thing I could've ever expected from Jungkook.

If he loved me, he'll support me. That's a part of his responsibilities as a boyfriend.

"He's no one to control my decisions even if we are together." I stood up to leave.

Understanding is the base of relationship and he had to know that we shouldn't push some bars and barge someone's private decisions.

It was night when I entred in, welcomed by a strong smell of turkey. I removed the shoes and followed the aroma coming from the kitchen where my boyfriend was cooking. He snapped back and found me staring at him with a smile. He smiled before straddling towards me to get a warm hug. I pecked his cheeks letting him know how much I missed him.

"Go, change into comfortable clothes. Dinner's ready to be served." I nodded. Going back in my bathroom I stripped off the clothes and took a much needed bath so taht I could distract my mind from the nervousness of bringing the topic about doing my internship in Seokjin's company.

When I came out of the room Jungkook was already waiting for me. I sat across him and we began having delicious meal. I decided to break the silence. "I want to tell you something.." His ears erected and half lidded eyes attentively averted on me. He straightened back with concentration. "What is it?"

"I'll be working in Seokjin's company for my internship." I glanced at his fists and saw them being clenched, followed by a vein popping out of his skin. Trailing my gaze upward I saw a flawless smile spread on his face when he said," I respect your decision."

"Aren't you mad?" I exclaimed because he was suspicious. He shook his head and said," I always knew this day would come where I had to let go of few things to keep major portion to myself. I wish best for you."

He stopped interacting after that conversation. That night we slept more closer than before since he didn't bulged to get off me, pulling so close in his embrace that our heartbeat became one.

This treatment became frequent when we stayed together, apart from the time he spent in campus while I was getting ready with documentations required to show.

Without a realisation a week passed and I was already standing at my desk, dressed in white blouse tugged in a black skirt, an office outfit I preferred on my first day to leave an impressive first impression.

Compliments after compliments for the speed I used to get done with things I was offered to do, certainty clever enough to avoid the unwanted intimidating people who wanted me to their work. They were employees tool and I wasn't that much of an angel to do those except helping in few.

As the days passed I became friends with everyone around and it wasn't that cliche circle where people mocked me or thought of doing something irrational.

None of them knew that I was friends with their CEO on personal level because I didn't wanted them to have another vision of me in their mind or act friendly to me with a disguise so mischievous to handle. Also, as an intern I didn't didn't shared that often interaction with someone so important.

Everything was going smooth until I was called into the chamber of CEO, accused of fighting with the department head. I was truly Unbothered of how I punched him hard when he tried to touch my thighs. He took the wrong decision as he literally lost his incision teeth and let's not metion how I avoid to tell it to Jungkook who was super suspicious on observing my bad mood.

I knocked on the door and went in after having the permission. I saw him smirking when I walked in, standing next to him though maintaining certain distance. "You called sir?"

Seokjin sighed and said," What am I hearing, Ms. Lee? I never thought of you as such a rebellious employee." I fisted before glancing to that person who was smiling in victory but I bit my lips because he was looking like a cartoon with two front teeth lost and certainty laughing right there was unprofessional although it was hard to control my facial muscles.

A giggle did escaped, barely audible I thought but when I looked up I met those deep brown orbs of him staring at me with an arched eyebrow. He turned to the accuser and asked him to dismiss without a wasting second and I was alone with Kim.

"What did you do, Y/N?"

"Keeping world peace." I spurred.

He shook his head and stood from his seat. "He was bruised with blood sprawled on his jaw." He mentioned the things he saw and I rolled my eyes. "He deserved much more, so next time he could keep it in his pants."

He held my shoulders with knitted eyebrows in fury. "Did he did anything to you? You should've mentioned it when he was here, I would've f-"

"Firing him from job won't stop sexual assault. I might not be good with papers but I'm great in fist fight, so I took this work in my hands." I winked that somehow calmed his nerves. He pinched my cheeks and said," Okay, Bob the builder but he is certainly having a demotion in an hour. You may go now."

"Can I leave early?" I asked. He sat on his chair and said," Why?" I shrugged my shoulder with a light tint on cheeks. "Just.. wanted to visit someone."

He agreed and I was off from the building in Jungkook's car. He used public transport because he didn't wanted me to struggle for transportation.

Within minutes I was waiting for my dear person to show up at the gates of the college where I used to study. Minutes turned into an hour and still he was nowhere to be seen. A sudden realisation hit me if he was already home but he would've informed me. I checked my phone for my message or missed call but none.

I clutched the bouquet in my hands and went inside. It was weird for students to spot their senior in office attire in search for a boy but they didn't bulged to interrupt as they knew that Jungkook was my date.

We were private but not a secret.

I walked passed a group of girls giggling on a bench before I heard a specific name. "So Jungkook was flirting with Mia?" I froze with an intense thump. The same voice spoke. "Are you sure of it or it's a misunderstanding?"

"Who can tell the future? Men will be men." The girl beside her flipped her hair.

"Where is he?" I exclaimed. Three of them looked up at me in surprise then at each other. "Who are you?" The middle one asked. " It's none of your business. Now, tell me where is Jungkook?"

"In library." That quiet girl pointed in the direction I was already familiar with. The grip I had on the bouquet had already destroyed half of the wrapping so I didn't thought much of it before throwing it in trash.

His possession was so intoxicating, dipping my soul in his alluring charms, grasping a string of affection that he forgot how I became obsessed, his love becoming the only toxicity for my survival, even stronger that the strongest drug.

[A/N]
Happy 4k
............
An year back I thought writing about a wolf hybrid Jk is unique. Nowadays everyone is writing about wolf hybrid.
Just so u know I am thankful if you are giving it a try.