Chapter 16 | The Aftermath

After C.C passed out, Nightmare once again picks him up and places him onto the hospital bed, watching as the shorter's breathing evened out. The fact he was even breathing in the first place worried the animatronic, as it most likely meant that C.C's mind thought he was alive right now. It wasn't until then that Nightmare let out a sigh of relief, sinking onto the floor. 

"Um... is he alright?" Midoriya asked, uncertain. 

Nightmare can only give a grim nod and mutters the words, "Physiological trauma." 

Getting the hint, no-one in the room asked about it.

"I've been meaning to ask, but who exactly are you?" Tsukauchi questioned.

It was All Might who answered. "Ah, this is Nightmare and C.C. Nezu assigned them as assistant teachers for class 1-A. They mostly help with Hero Basic Training and English classes. Apparently they came from America, and since they had strong quirks, Nezu asked them to help out for the duration of their stay."

"Oh, alright then." Tsukauchi replied. "Well, I better get going. There's going to be a meeting in a few days to determine what the incident was about, so I need to prepare in advance."

"Alright, thanks for your help." All Might answered, waving as the other man exited the room.

"I will take my leave as well." Nightmare says, standing up. "I think letting C.C rest in the dorms would be much better than continuing to rest here."

Nightmare picked C.C up, getting ready to leave. "Rest well and recover." Was what he said before he faded into the shadows, taking the other teen with him.

Once Nightmare gets back to the dorms, he places down C.C onto the bed before sitting on the floor nearby, falling into a dreamless sleep.

~Time Skip~

It takes C.C hours to wake up, and when he does, he feels another thud of pain, although it was much duller than from before. 

'What happened?' He thought. 'I don't remember coming back here...'

Nightmare hears the boy move, opening his eyes and getting up, walking over to C.C's side. 

"Are you alright now?"

"...What happened?" C.C asked, confused. 

Nightmare sighs. "You had a panic attack when you woke up in the nurses office."

"...I did? ...Did I do something?"

"...You started screaming for us to get away from you, Crying Child." Nightmare answers hesitantly as he sat down on the edge of the bed, helping C.C sit up. "You started screaming Terrence out of all things."

"..." C.C stays silent, shocked numb. He had never messed that up before, even when Michael wasn't around. Even when he was still a vengeful spirit, he didn't call his brother Terrence after he changed his name, so why did he mess up now?

"I... don't have any memory of doing that..." He answered quietly. 

"It was most likely because you had a large headache, making it seem as though your head was getting bitten all over again."

C.C nods, still numb. 

"...Is there anything you need me to do?" Nightmare asked.

"Is everyone alright? Thirteen was badly injured even though I was around..."

"It seems as though everyone is in stable condition. Aizawa, Thirteen, All Might, and Midoriya are the only ones with major injuries."

"What happened to the others to get injured so badly?"