Chapter 23 | Final Round

"Hey guys, are you ready!?" Present Mic asks over the speakers. 

Below, in the stadium, the hero Cementoss was using his quirk to build a ring in the middle of the field. The crowd cheers widely, many standing up and shouting at the top of their lungs from excitement. 

"A lot has happened, but now it's finally time for the final round! You can only depend on yourself! Even if you're not a hero, you'll face a lot of situations like this. You get it, right?! Heart, skill, body, wisdom, and knowledge! Use all of that to rush up! We will begin momentarily, get ready to cheer as loud as you can!" 

On the other hand, C.C had just made it back to his seat after participating in every single one of the recreational games, and he flopped down exhausted. 

"I don't think I've had that much exercise in my entire time of existing." C.C complains, watching as Nightmare appeared from his shadow. 

"You could have teleported instead of run, C.C." Nightmare responds, sitting down and letting C.C lean on his arm. 

"No, that wouldn't have been fair for the rest of the participants. Apparently, a teleportation quirk is even rarer than what people give it credit for." 

"The villain we fought the other day had one, did he not?" 

"Yeah... well, I wouldn't think too much about it. We should focus on the sports festival."

"Alright..." 

A few minutes later, flames erupt from holes in the floor.

"Audience! The finals you have all been waiting for is finally starting! Match number one - From the hero course, it's Izuku Midoriya! And from general studies, Hitoshi Shinso!" 

The audience cheers as both students make their way to the ring. 

"The rules are simple! Force your opponent out of bounds or immobilize them! You can also win my making your opponent say "I give up"! Bring on the injuries, because we've got our very own Recovery Girl on standby! Put your morals and ethics aside for a moment! But of course, anything life threatening is crap! Heroes should only use their fists to catch villains!"

"I'll stop things before they go too far." Cementoss says, making a chair for himself nearby. 

"Now without further ado! Begin!!"

~Time Skip~
(You should know what happens, but if you would like the episode numbers, it's season two, episodes 6-12
Sorry, I don't wanna write out all the episodes when C.C or Nightmare won't really be present
I'll be writing out some of the major scenes, but that's about it)

~Todoroki vs. Midoriya~

C.C cringed as the battle progressed. "Watching Midoriya continuously break his bones is uncomfortable. Hopefully he can figure out how to control is soon, or else he won't be able to function in the future."

"It seems... that Midoriya is trying to provoke Todoroki, even though he is losing." Nightmare observed. "He wants him to use his full power... in that state?"

"Full power?" C.C asked.

"I would think that he means using both his fire and ice. Since we have met him, he has only ever used his ice even though he said he could use both."

"If he can use both, wouldn't be just freeze without using fire?"

"...'They are your powers and only yours.'"

"Huh?"

"I am repeating what Midoriya just said-"

Their conversation is interrupted as Todoroki bursts into flames, and while no one besides Deku could see it, Todoroki had a grin on his face, however small it was.