Heart of Steel

Vince

   How? How could she leave!? She came! She danced!

Then she left... a tingling hot flame burst in my chest. This was the angriest I've ever felt. Why does she make me feel these intense emotions?

Vince sucked in some air through his nose exhaling on the memory of her scent. He opened his eyes carefully envisioning Rose in her dress. Her small fragile frame. Just the idea that she could break from his grasp was intoxicating. Because that's what he would do to her if she didn't obey him.

"Alfred?" Vince called to his trusted adviser

"Your majesty?"

He paused to think then said, "how did you convince your wife to marry you?"

Alfred blushed in embarrassment. "Why, I courted her your highness."

Vince hummed thoughtfully. "And.. how did you do that, exactly?"
"Sir.. I just flourished her with treasures and exclaimed my love for her- but it takes time, your majesty. She agreed to be my wife after the most amazingly beautiful seven years of my life."  Alfred cheeks brightened to a soft pink while reminiscing on his fondest memories.

"Seven years?" The king said impatiently.

Alfred stuttered, seemingly afraid to upset his king. "Ah- yes well it is- it's quite different for everyone. Only fools get engaged after only knowing each-other for a short amount of time. A-and of course some marriages don't  happen for ten years!"

Vince was obviously angry. He had a choice. Wait a whole decade before asking Rose to marry him. Or... do it now? But what if it scares her away? Then he'll just have to lock her in a room so she could never escape! But why would she want to? He'll give her everything she ever wanted. Riches, jewels, tea parties and dresses. Things of that nature.

If he gives Rose a lavish life will she agree to stay? And how would he get her to come when she left so abruptly?

After a long time of thinking, Alfred would swear to you he heard a sound go off in Vince's head.  He looked to his short friend and grinned. "It's quite a brilliant idea! You see, Alfred? How could she say no if I confront her to the people?"

"But sir? If she says no she'll risk discrimination!"

"Precisely my old friend."

Alfred's face showed great concern. If she says no to the king while I front of all those people, they may hate her! She'll get back lash for sure!