My knight in shining armour

"Hello, how can I help you?" I stood at the front desk and greeted the customer.

"Good evening, I'm here to pick up my niece." A young man, who seemed to be in his 20's stood with beautiful blonde hair. His eyes were crystal blue. He looked very strong and fit. "What's her name?"

"Her name is Lucy." He smiled at me.

"And what is your name?" I said as I wrote Lucy down in my book.

"It would be rude of me not to get a ladies name first." I looked up a little startled. Did he just ask me my name? "Pardon?" I breathed.

"Might I get your name?" He smiled at me. I blushed. His perfect white teeth twinkled from his smile. "My name is Rose Grantz, sir."

"Miss Grantz? The one rumored to be the most fairest girl in The City Of Red?"

Oh. He used that name. The city of red. "I wouldn't say that I'm the fairest." I giggled. He was flattering me.

"It would seem the rumors are true. You are more beautiful then has been told."

"You're a charmer. But I still need your name."

"Forgive me. Your beauty has distracted me. My name is Gabriel. Gabriel Bronze."

I don't know why. But my heart fluttered. A warmth of happiness filled my face. "Am I that handsome?" Oh no I'm blushing!  "Don't flatter yourself Mr. Bronze. You still have a child to take home." I'll tease him a little. Have some fun.  I go to the back and come back with a little girl with two bouncy pigtails.

"Hey Lucy." His face was soft when he saw her. When Lucy saw him her face lit up and joy sparked her to run into his arms. "Uncle Gabe!" Her high pitch voice squeaked in laughter. "Did you miss me, LuLu?"

"I did! And did you miss me!! Oh tell me you did!"

He smiled and lifted her on his shoulders. "I couldn't stand to be away from my favorite niece in the whole wide
world!"

He giggled and hugged onto his head for support. "I'm your only niece!" Then he looked my way. "Did you thank this kind lady for taking care of you for me?"

She smiled with her rosy cheeks and said, "thank you miss Grantz!"

Awwww. My heart just melted.
"Thank you. I'll be going now. Maybe I'll see you again?"

"Don't be a stranger if you do."

He smiled and walked through the doors.

Ahhh- what a guy!! He's in my mind. His beautiful hair. Beautiful face. Beautiful beautiful!!

After I closed up I called a carriage home. I thought about Gabriel the whole way there. I stepped out the box and gave the couch some gold. But my second thought was that he calls this kingdom by its other name. The City of Red.

History lesson:
One hundred years ago the king known as King Micheal the third had died from a mysterious cause. He was a remarkably old man but he aged well. He was very healthy. So the cause of his death was a mystery. I don't know all the details to that but he had a daughter. Her name was princess Rosanne. She was beautiful and very kind. Her husband, though, was known for his vicious behavior. After giving birth to her only child and son she died. Her husband, the new king, had abused and mistreated the prince. Until after the princes' thirteenth birthday the king had killed himself.

Before he died he went on a spree to kill anyone and anything that he so pleased. There were barely any people left. Blood and bodies everywhere. After being forced to be king at such a young age, controlling armies to battle wars, maintain laws and punish the bad, for years the prince aged with no childhood. His whole life consisted of responsibility and seriousness. He grew cold and violent. No hesitations, no excuses, no second chances. But the rumor is that the present king is the young prince from the stories. King Vince the first. Obviously no one knows for sure. But it does match. His majesty is-dare I say- cold and violent. He puts up with nothing. Some say he even grew a lust for murder. Blood lust. But... that is why some call this kingdom The City of Red. It was once covered in blood. And reeked of death.