Written in gold

"Will you marry me?"
Everyone in the garden turned there head in our direction. A few gasps were heard. I looked at Gabriel in astonishment. His knee bent. His hair so nicely done. I took a look at the people around me. There eyes were glued on us begging me to say yes.

I looked back at the man I love. The look in his eyes was priceless. Pleading me to say yes. Almost crystalline from tears.

I take a breath and hold myself. I smile and burst out with a big fat yes! I go to him as he stands. We hug each other and kiss. Crying in joy. The audience around us applauded and congratulated us. After a long minute of his embrace he looks at me with contempt. He gently pulled my wrist and placed the beautiful diamond ring on my finger. "Mrs. Bronze." He said then light kissed my hand.

I smiled. I liked the sound of that. Mrs. Rose Bronze. Married to Gabriel Bronze.

After a long beautiful day spent with Gabriel I took a carriage home. Gabriel escorted me out and into my home. "This was a wonderful day, Gabe."

He smiled and held my hands. "Everyday can be like this. We can go on as many outings as you want. I'll take you on a picnic every week. We'll dance under the moonlight together as we hold each other every night until we fall asleep in each others arms. And when we're married we'll have a gorgeous daughter and a handsome son. And we'll take them out everyday and the people in the kingdom will love them. Like they love you."

"I love you so much. And we'll go on adventures together."

We giggled and whispered things we would do once we were married. Even the things on our honeymoon. The sun was departing and the once warm sunny day became chilled and dark. We sent one last goodbye and went our ways.

I opened the door practically spinning inside the house. I knocked the coat rack and it tipped side to side. Nick showed up and gripped my shoulders to stop me from twirling. "Oh!"

"Rose! Why are you acting like a lunatic?"

I giggled. "Gabriel asked for my hand!" I know that the big smile on my face was so creepy.

"Oh that golden haired nut bag?"

"Nick!"
I gently pushed my brothers shoulder. It's not like he doesn't like Gabriel. Maybe it's because I'm his little sister. And he's being protective. He's the oldest after all. I wouldn't want any of my younger siblings to get hurt. "Isn't he a little to Romeo-like?"

I straightened up right. "Of course not. He's perfect! And I will be his Juliette!" I lifted my arms like a ballerina and spun away.

"Oh nooo sister please." Nick groaned.

I told the whole house about my special day and how Gabriel asked me to marry him.

Charlie, mother and father hugged me. Luke scrunched his face and said that love was gross because you have to kiss.

The next day I woke up early and thought it would be a wonderful idea to cook breakfast for my family. Father makes amazing food. But I'll let him rest this morning. The eggs were a little over cooked but the bacon was perfect and so were the pancakes.

I served mother and father first. He congratulated me even though I messed up the eggs. Then I served my siblings.  I sat down at the dining table and ate my food. My mother opened the door and thanked the mail boy. "Oh more boring news... a letter from uncle Mark... the weather report and... oh my goodness! It's a letter!"

"Don't get too exited it's just a letter." I said then shoved some pancake in my mouth.

"It's an invitation! From the king!!"

"What?" Food still in my mouth, I leaped to my mother and looked at the golden embroidered envelope. There was the kings wax seal. It was no doubt an invitation. And from the king no less! "What are you waiting for, mother, open the letter!"

She gently pulled the envelope open and unfolded the parchment inside.

"Dear residents of The Grantz manor,
           I herby invite you to The Kings Castle for an
     Upcoming event. The Royal Ball. The celebration of the kings coronation 20 years ago. Everyone in the household is to attend. Dress your finest and bring a coronation gift for his majesty King Vince the first!"

Mother and I jumped up and down screaming in unison. "The king?!"

"His palace!?"

"A ball?!?"

We giggled and jumped up and down. Father came downstairs in confusion. "What's with all the noise, girls?"

Mother handed him the invitation. His eyes practically popped out of the sockets. "I-i-I-I need to prepare!!" He put his hand on his head.
"Oh sit down James before you fall."  Mum helped him to a chair.

"I don't understand." Father looked at us still wide-eyed. "Why didn't I know?"

"Oh, James is that why you are upset?"

I feel bad. Father loves to cook. Especially for the king. And the king loves when da cooks for him. So why wasn't he told?