Gold scars

(Don't play the music until I give the signal ;) )
Vince

What am I looking at? What has caught my eye that I need to stare so badly? I blinked and focused my eyes. I see it now. This fluffy dress, it's too red. Who is this woman? Is she mocking me? Her gown is almost the color of blood. I try to see this child's face but it was too late. She had turned away. "Your majesty, it's time for our gifts." I turn to Marshal my handy man. Extraordinarily short, that man.

It was as if time had skipped because next thing I knew I was standing in front of a large table that skyrocketed with gifts of all shapes and sizes. I sat in a large chair. Not soon after Marshal shouted something I couldn't make out bunches of strangers swarmed me.

A woman with enormous hair approached me and asked me to accept her gift. I asked Marshal to fetch a maid to open the presents for me. One at a time strangers bowed and asked for my blessings and what-not. I didn't really feel like speaking so I nodded and waved my hand for them to shoo. Of course they smiled and assumed I meant thank you now be gone.

Truth is I don't care about gifts and treasures. I would rather be sleeping or... looking at the women who wear revealing clothes-or just reading or something to keep me away from my responsibilities.

A familiar red figure flashed before me. I focused my eyes and for some odd reason I felt stone cold. I didn't want to move. Her eyes were so blue I could mistake it for the ocean. "Your highness."
She bowed and instantly my eyes looked for her chest. Her dress covered a majority of her torso but I could see the flesh of her breast just barely peaking through. I felt my body get warm. She sat up straight and her brown curls tickled her bare shoulders. "I do hope you will accept my offering." She handed me a tiny blue box. I glanced at Marshal. After a moment he indicated it was ok for me to open.

I flipped the top with my thumb. A square jeweled ring with a bright red ruby. I felt speechless. I looked at her and she seemed unsure. "Thank you." I smiled and put the ring on my finger. Her eyes seemed to glitter at this. "I'm so glad you love it!" She bowed once more then glided away. Her bare skin flashed in my mind. Ok I really need to focus. A man with annoyingly gold hair came before me and bowed. He handed me another tiny box. But when I opened it I saw a silver pin. It was one I had been gifted maybe 100 times already. I felt agitated. Apparently it showed. "My king? Is something the matter?"

"Not at all. Thank you for the gift." I waved him away.
I heard him say something from the distance. "I'm alright, love. But he seemed like he didn't like it."

I turned to see who this princess of a man was talking to. My chest tightened when I'd seen he was talking to the girl who'd givin me the ring. She was smiling. "Oh, my Gabriel. Don't get too upset. I'm sure he liked it. Maybe he's just tired?"

Well I am tired. I want to sleep. I hadn't slept since five this morning and from as far as I can tell it seems to be after ten pm. Normally I would be reading my self to sleep right about now.

Marshal warned me it was time for the traditional dance. Where one lucky lady would have the pleasure of dancing with the king. I nod and help my self up. Marshal says something to the crowd then everyone huddled over to me. Can't I just be alone for once?

Then the music begins. (Play the music)

The crowd turned to there partners and began the steps. Women of all sorts came to me asking for a dance. But instead of answering I walked away. All I thought of was that woman who gave me the ring. I feel quite electric actually. I looked at the jewel she gifted me and that motivated my wanting to find her. And there I see her. In the arms of that goat. I go towards her. My feet seem to be doing this for I am not thinking at all. Three busty ladies stepped in front of me. "Your majesty! I am Ariel and these are my friends, Bernadette and Josephine. I was hoping one of us might-" enough of this there isn't a lot of waltz music left. So I pushed them aside and walked towards the woman who is constantly in my mind.

There she is. She seems to notice me. She stopped the dance with her 'friend' and beamed up at me. "Your highness! What can I do for you?" I smiled and held out my arm. "May I have this dance?"

Everyone was gawking at us. But I wanted to find out why she was in my head. One dance and she'll be gone.

She hooked her arm in mine. I guided her to the floor. The light spotted on us and everyone around staring in awe. I grabbed her waist and led her through the steps. The further we got into the dance everyone around accompanied us in unison. A minute passed and I couldn't stop staring into her eyes. "Whats your name?" She seemed surprised by this. "Was that too much?"

"Of course not I was just in my own head." She smiled then spun. When she came back to me she held my hand and we swayed together. "You May call me Rose, your highness." I felt some sort of feeling in my lungs. It was pleasing. Her name rang in my head. I imagined her lips forming her own name in my head over again. What is this? Why am I thinking of this? Get it together Vince. I huffed and she seemed to notice. "Your highness? Is something the matter?"

I tilted my head and smiled. She seemed very confused. "Everything's fine." Her brows furrowed as she thought but I spun her before she could think. When she came back she stumbled and landed into my chest. "I-I'm so sorry please forgive me."

"No need to worry madame, ''twas my own mistake."
I sensed her anxiety. She looked like she was embarrassed. I held her waist with both my hands and held her high in the air spinning once before letting her gently back on the ground. Her scent circled me and let it all in. Her chest was against mine. I could feel her rapturing heart. I wanted to place my hand on it and tell her to be calm. But instead I danced. We danced and spun and held each other. It felt warm and safe. I could feel the movement of her hips spinning one more time as she came back I put my hand on her waist and my other on her back, dipping her far to the floor. She gasped at this. Her slender arms hanging tight to me. She must've been scared I would drop her. But she needn't worry for I am the king. And the king is a pleasant dancer.

I lifted her back up and held her hand to my lips. "You did beautifully, my lady. I enjoyed your company tonight." I kissed the top of her hand and as I did so I looked up at her. And interestingly enough she was blushing. I let go of her hand and went on with my day. Hmm... Rose. I wonder if I'll see you again.