Wilted Roses

Vince

"Your Magesty! Might we take a few moments to think before we do something regretf-"

"Silence, Alfred."

"But— your magesty!"

"I said silence!" Vince spun around quickly making eye contact with Alfred. "Or I'll remove your wiggling tongue for good."

Alfred gulped. Frozen in fear and breathing heavily from chasing behind the king as he was walking at a fast pace. And Alfred is out of running shape. A second later, Vince was on the move. He waved his fingeres at the guards to ready his horse. They nodded then quickly vanished.

"Sire, please! I beg you to see reason!"
Vince ignored Alfred, heading for the enormous doors. The bright sun lighting up his pale face as he exited the castle. His black hair shining in the light. And his tall figure casting a long shadow down the pavement stairs.

"Your highness wai-" the guards slammed the doors on Alfred's face while the king prepares his horse. Gracefully hopping on the saddle of his steed, he shouted and took off.

There's no way Rose will ignore me this time. She wouldn't dare.

Rose:

It had been a few days since Rose met omen and his friends. She wanted to help them with their cause but didn't know how. Omen was smart by getting the towns folk to sign a petition. But would it be enough?

She was sitting at the kitchen table reading from the news paper. Word about Gabriel had gotten out. Their were many rumors of course. Everything comes with them. There were theories about what happened. But Rose knew from the bottom of her heart that this was foul play. An assassin with a different uniform than the enemy? Some one sent him to hurt someone. And Gabriel must have got in the way. Being the hero that he is.

Have being satisfied to harm anyone from Gabriel's troop he tried to get away. But was slain before he could run...

Good... I'm glad

Rose was too deep in thought she didn't notice all the noise happening outside her home. "Rosie, dear? What's all the commotion?" Her mother asked.

Rose quickly stood from her seat and looked out the window. There were guards and horses everywhere. The whole neighborhood was in a bundle around someone asking them questions. They all looked desperate. Some looked like they quickly put on their best clothes but didn't have time to tighten their corsets or powder their faces.

Then, a quick opening from the crown revealed non other than the king him self. His eyes shot into her direction looking deep into her blue eyes.

This action caught Rose by surprise so she turned away quickly trying to conceal her form from the king. She heard his raspy voice in the distance. "Thank you all for gathering. But I do not come to chat. I've come to confess."

Her heart pounding in her chest, fear shivering through her body she had no idea what to do. What does he mean by confess? Not love? She's basically a peasant compared to him. She has nothing to give. And she showed time and time again defiance towards the king. Who was rumored to be a violent, viscous, blood thirty man.

I can't go out their...

"Rose Grantz!" Vince shouted. "May I speak with you."

Oh heck! What do I do? Has he come to kill me? Have I shown to be too defiant? What will he do? Is death better than a love confession?

"Rose! What does this mean?" Her mother looked so worried. "Hon, what does he mean by confess?" She gasped and jumped in the air. "Oh! Is the king in love with my daughter!"

"Ma, no! Please quiet down!"

"What's all this then?" Her father came storming down the stairs. Her mother turned to James squealing like a little girl. "The king has come to confess his love!!"

He blinked stunned. "Love?"
"Yes!!"
"Our daughter?"
"YES!"

"Well why didn't you say so? Rose, dear, go out their and marry the man for bloody sake!"

"Da, no you don't understand."

"What's there to understand? The very king himself is here to marry my daughter."

"Oh to think! All the possibilities!!"

"Ma? Stop please! "Da, just listen!"

A loud knocking shook the door. And everyone was quiet. "Rose Grantz?" Both her parents gasped. "I'll get it!!" They shouted in unison.

"Noo!" She shouted. But it was too late. "Your magesty!" Both her parents bowed.

Vince spoke in a gentle-like tone. "Good evening Mr. and Ms. Grantz. I'd like to have a word with your daughter if that's all right?"

"Oh, of course it's alright! Come in, come in! Make yourself at home!"

"Sir, y-your majesty.." her father has been concerned lately due to low commands from the king. Since he's his chef and all. He hasn't requested a single meal since before the ball. "I wondered if I might speak with you before you-".

"Not now, you see I'm in a hurry."

"Y-yes of course."

"Now.." Vince looked around. And finally to the far left he saw her. Rose Grantz.

Someone freaking save me!!

Panicked, rose politely curtsied then spoke. "Sir, I don't really have the time-"

"I've come quite the distance."

She looked over at her parents. They just looked delighted. Vince turned towards them silently. They jumped and hustled out of the room.

The fear in Rose's chest grew larger. And Vince drew closer.
"Your highness-"

"Rose... such a lovely name." He stood five feet from her, staring intently into her eyes. "You see, I've come far from my home to see you." Rose gulped. She was feeling sweaty and uncomfortable. "Me?"

"Yes."

"What ever for?" Her feet shuffled on the floor. The king slowly became closer and closer. "There's.. something about you. I can't get you off my mind."

"I'm sorry, I don't really-" he was only a few inches from her when he knelt down to whisper in her ear. "You've been very disobedient. Come to the castle and be my wife. Show any restraint and I'll have your family murdered in their beds."

Tears streamed down her face. He grasped her wrist and she tried jerking it away. But he squeezed tighter. He lifted his other hand to Rose's face. She jerked her head back but he grabbed her cheek and slowly wiped a tear from her eye. She looked down embarrassed with dread.

"Let's go." He snatched her away with her wrist and hurried to the door. He swung it open and pushed pass all the people hustled around the house.

Gabriel... I wish you were here

The guards helped her into a carriage as Vince jumped on his horse. "Everyone! Listen up! I am to make Rose Grantz my wife. She agreed and will be coming to the castle with me. There will be a celebration. I shall prepare a wedding. Everyone is invited." And with that he clicked his tongue and his horse started towards the castle. The crowd cheered and screamed. They jumped around and threw their hats. Some even threw their wigs!

But sitting all alone in a fancy golden carriage was Rose. Crying the whole way their. She's scared and confused. She missed Gabriel and her sister. She wanted her dad to come rescue her. And she wanted to get as far away from the king as possible.