Let It Roll

I woke up in bed cuddled up to Andy, the light from between my curtains piercing into my retinas. I slowly got up so I wouldn't disturb him, snatched my phone and went to the living room. There was a missed call notification from Jack and I called him back, clearing my throat before he picked up.

"Hey, you called?" I spoke, my voice still a bit groggy.

"Sorry, are you just waking up?" He asked.

I rubbed the sleep from my makeup smeared eyes and chuckled, "Yeah, I went clubbing last night. I'm not even sure what time it is."

He chuckled, "It's three in the afternoon, when did you get to sleep last night?"

"Sometime after the pizza arrived but before the Sun came up. So what's up Jack?"

"Well I was wondering if you wanted to go see the new Spider-Man film that's out? I know they're one of your favourite." He asked and my eyes widened.

"It's opening night, there's no way we're gonna get tickets." I stated.

"And what if I told you that I already have tickets?" He asked and I smile spread across my face.

"What time?"

"The movie starts at 7:30."

"Okay so pick me up at 7:00?" I asked.

"Okay I'll see you then."

"See you then." I said and hung up.

A squeal escaped my lips as I jumped up and down frantically. I stopped when everything started getting dizzy and brushed my hair out of my face. I took a Tylenol and hopped into the shower, when I got out the scent of bacon and eggs pulled me into the kitchen.

"Put on your pyjamas, I invited over some friends for games night." Andy instructed.

"I wish you would've told me, I have plans." I stated and grabbed a piece of bacon from his plate.

"Oh, what do you have planned tonight?" He asked and fully handed his plate to me. "I'll make another plate."

I sat down at the kitchen island and began to munch away, "I'm going to see the new Spider-Man movie with Jack."

"I thought you were taking a break from all of that."

"I was, we're just going to see a movie, that's it. I'll be back before the end of the night." I stated and he sighed.

He sat down next to me and handed me some coffee, "Just be careful, okay?"

"I will be... I'm just kinda mad that I'm gonna miss out on game night."

"I can tell them to come over another night if you want?" He asked and I smiled. He took a sip of my coffee.

"No it's okay, you have fun tonight. Who's coming over by the way?"

"Danny and Victoria, Elena and Zack, and CC."

My smile dropped to a pout, "If Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield weren't in this movie then I would call Jack and cancel."

"I understand, don't sweat it." He stated and I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

I got up from my seat and turned to him, "I think you're becoming my favourite person, but don't tell Elena."

His face turned to a smirk, "I'm definitely telling Elena, she's gonna freak."

I started walking back to my room, "Yeah but who is she gonna believe? Get your head out of your ass Andy." I laughed.

I know that Jack is using tonight as a way to get back together, but I'm just gonna treat it like a night out with Elena. I'll dress super casually, I won't wear much makeup, and above all else I won't let him charm me over. I meant it when I told Andy that I wanted to take a break from dating and just focus on my friends and myself. If Jack can accept that the most he can receive from me is friendship at this time then that's great, but if he can't then this might be the last time I see him. I put my hair up in a messy bun and only applied mascara and a tinted lip balm. Today's outfit is my Gwen Stacy Spider-Woman hoodie paired with stone washed mom jeans and white converse.

"When will everyone be here?" I asked Andy as I entered the living room.

"I told them to aim for 8. Maybe if you're lucky you'll be back before everyone leaves for the night." He said as he flipped through channels with the TV remote.

I joined him on the couch, "I'll try my best." Maybe I was overthinking but Andy's eyes were glued to the screen, it felt almost as if he was refusing to make eye contact with me. I sighed to myself and poked his arm to check my theory.

"Yes?" He asked, his eyes not budging from my TV.

"You know I'm gonna make it up to you. Had I known you made these plans I never would've agreed to go out tonight. But that's not what's upsetting you, is it?" I asked and he shrugged.

"Jack knows you in a way that I never will, that most of us never will. He knew how much these films mean to you and is using it as a way to push himself back into your life. And when he does, all of this will be over."

"All of what?"

"You haven't exactly been the greatest friend when you're with Jack. You know there was a year that we didn't even speak, and so yeah that's what I'm worried about. You know I will always be there for you even when you're not there for me." He said, still refusing eye contact.

"Andy, I have always been there when you needed me."

His head turned to face me, "If that was true then you'd know the real reason why Juliet and I aren't together anymore."

"What happened?" I asked and he sighed.

"Juliet had come back from a doctors appointment one day and told me that her egg count is much lower than that of other women her age, so she wanted to start working on creating a family. I told her that I needed some time and went out with Ashley to talk it over with some drinks. The next thing I know it's been three days, I wake up naked next to an unclothed stranger and found myself trying to leave her apartment without waking her. My phone was dead and when I got back to my apartment, Juliet and my parents were waiting in the living room. They had been trying to reach me, but apparently drunk me doesn't like answering the phone. I didn't tell her about waking up next to that woman, all I told her was that I wasn't ready to take the next step with her and she told me that I needed to leave."

"Andy I-"

He interrupted me, "I don't know if I made the right choice, but I can't get in the way of what's really important to her."

It was at that moment that I knew no words I could say would comfort him. I quickly excused myself, went into the bathroom and pulled out my phone.

"Hey, I'm just leaving the house right now." Jack said and I sighed, "What's wrong?"

"I can't make it tonight Jack. I haven't been a good friend during our relationship, I was so focused on us that I wasn't there for everyone who was there for me. And I know that Andy needs me to stay in tonight. Maybe you can go with one of the guys?" I asked.

"I get that... can I ask you one thing though?"

"Yeah of course." I said.

"Do you have feelings for Andy?" He asked and I was shocked. Not once since after high school had Jack ever been concerned about Andy.

"Andy's my friend, I just want to be there for him." I stated.

"Okay... do you want to grab coffee later this week?" He asked.

"Yeah, just text me when you're free and I'll let you know."

"Okay have a good night Summer."

"Goodnight." I said and hung up the phone.

I joined Andy on the couch again and rested my head on his shoulder, "So what games are we playing tonight? I suggest Taboo because let's face it we would dominate." I asked and he looked down at me with a smirk.

"What happened to your plans?" He asked.

"I cancelled them. You were right, I haven't been a very good friend lately but I'd like to do better."