Dancing With a Wolf

Zack and Elena came to pick us up at the apartment, and boy was Zack surprised to see Beck. It reminded me how much I don't get to see her because of how far we live apart. Before leaving, Beck insisted on us sharing one drink before hitting the road. She popped open a wine that must have been hiding in my kitchen somewhere. She poured out all of our glasses and she raised hers in a toast.

"To making dreams come true and spending time with those we love most." She said and we all clanked glasses and cheered.

After sipping back, we all went down to the car. When we got to the event, Zack came over to speak with me, "Do you have a second?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, let's talk in the hallway." I suggested and he lead the way.

"I wanted to apologize for the remark I made on games night. It was rude and uncalled for. And the truth is that I don't know enough about your friendship with Andy to make judgements like that. I'm sorry." He said and my expression softened.

"Forgiven and already forgotten. But it was a wake up call. I'm going be working on me and he's been gone all day trying to work things out with Juliet." I stated.

He put his arm around me, "I'm glad you're focusing on yourself." He said and we began to head towards the banquet hall.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked and he stopped in his tracks.

"Yes, of course."

"I'm sure you heard that Jack and I officially called it quits for good... do you think that was the right decision? Sometimes I think that all of my decisions are impulsive and solely based on how I feel in the moment." I asked and he chuckled.

"I can't tell you if Jack is your be all end all, or Alex for that matter."

"How did you-"

He cut me off, "Alex can't lie to me. I know you two dated in high school, he confided in Rian and me. And I know that ever since the wedding from hell that he's been trying to get back together with you... I think you should stop worrying about those two, and continuing to focus on you, the rest will come into place."

"But how do you know?" I asked and he smirked.

"If the universe can bring me love, then it will do the same for you."

"You should probably put a ring on that soon, before she gets anymore offers." I stated.

"Oh don't worry, she'll get the ring really soon, it just has to be perfect for my perfect girl."

I hold up my arm, "Shall we?" I asked. He nodded and linked arms with me, and we went back to the event.

We found our assigned table and found that there were name cards for each seat. I completely forgot that the table arrangements were made months ago, and was subtly reminded as soon as I saw Jack's name next to mine. I also saw that Lisa's card was next to Alex's, knowing that she wouldn't be attending I told Beck she could sit there.

"So what exactly is this event?" Beck asked.

"Our record label likes to hold an event once a year to appreciate the artists and the staff. So they throw alcohol and friends at us, and have us put on monkey suits." Zack states.

"They also take many photos of us to endorse their public image." I added.

"It's typically a party we skip out on but this year was going to be different as Alex was supposed to be bringing a wife." Zack says.

"Please don't remind him when he gets here." Elena whispers.

"Do you know if Jack's coming?" I asked Zack.