An Annoying Bot Named B.EN

"Awe to be young and in love." A voice exclaimed, causing the teens to open their eyes and to face a robot.

Jim acts immediately and grabs Annie from the metal man and pulls both of them away from him. Jim glared at the robot and aimed his gun at it while Annie stared curiously, gun still raised but just wondering why she hadn't seen him on the ship. The robot smiled widely as he jumped at Jim and Annie with his arms spread wide.

Annie grabbed Morph and quickly moved out of the way of the robot. Unfortunately, Jim didn't act quick enough and was tackled to the ground.

"Oh this is fantastic. Carbon based life forms have come to rescue me at last!" The robot exclaimed as he poked Jim's head excitedly.

Annie and Morph looked at each other in confusion before looking at the two on the ground. Annie had to cover mouth to hide her laughter when she saw that the robot had his fingers in Jim's mouth and seemed to be examining it. The robot then picked Jim up as he exclaimed happily.

"I just wanna hug ya, and squeeze ya and hold you close to me."

Annie and Morph were silently giggling as they watched as Jim tried to escape from the robot, Jim sent the two of them a playful glare before shooting an actual one to the robot who wouldn't let go of him.

"Can you just let go of me?" Jim questioned as he pushed the robot away.

The robot quickly did as told and Jim walked over to Annie who had a smile on her face. The three friends gave each other a look wondering what was going on, Annie gasped when the robot appeared between Annie and Jim. The robot wrapped his arms around their shoulders as he apologized to Jim.

"Oh sorry, sorry. I've been marooned for so long. Don't get me wrong, solitude is fun and all but after a hundred years….." 

He takes his arms off of the teenagers and yelled out.

"You go a little nuts!"

When the robot looked at the three friends and saw the dumbfounded faces he laughed nervously, scratching his head as he stepped a little bit further away from them. He then held out his hand and tried to introduce himself.

"My name is ugh…"

Morph quickly hides behind Jim's shoulder and shifts into the robot, making the top part of head come off and a cuckoo bird pops out. Jim chuckled at this, he shakes his head and quickly pats Morphs head so he turns back into himself. The two glance at Annie who was staring at the robot in awe and worry.

"My name's B.E.N, yep B.E.N that's definitely my name." The robot yelled excitedly as he looked at the three friends. "Bio-Electric Navigator and the lovely couple's name?"

The robot held his hand out for Jim to shake which the boy ignored and instead reached for the gun he dropped on the ground. B.E.N deflated slightly but perked up when Annie shook his hand and introduced herself.

"I'm Annie Jones and these are my friends Jim Hawkins and the little guy is Morph."

B.E.N shakes her hand excitedly and then leans on Jim's back as he says.

"It's nice to meet you, Annie and Jimmy."

"It's Jim and we really need to go. We have to find a place to hide." Jim said as he glared up at the robot.

Jim quickly moves away from the robot and starts to walk away from it, with Morph following behind. Annie stares at B.E.N and gives him a small smile as she says.

"I haven't seen a robot like you since I've studied some mechanical books. How long have you been here?"

"A hundred years or so but who's counting." B.E.N says with a nervous laugh as he stays from side to side.