The Ferry To Spaceport

Annie Jones stood in a long line for a fairy to take her to Spaceport along with other aliens, she waited patiently with her passport and duffle bag in one and with the other hand she began tapping her fingers against her thigh. She could hear children playing around in the line, their parents scolding them for bumping into the person behind or in front of them, she could hear others grumbling about how they should divide the lines into three different sections so they could easily get on the ferry faster, the rest were either new to go on a fairy and was in awe of everything or just bored out of their mind. Annie let out a long sigh as she looks around the port to find anything that can keep her distracted from the long line.

Her eyes caught a humanoid dog looking with wide eyes at the long line that was here for the fairy to Spaceport, she was wondering why he looked familiar to him when she realized that it was Doctor Delbert Doppler the financier of the voyage to Treasure Planet. Annie's eyes lit up with happiness that she didn't have to be alone in this long line as she called and waved out to the humanoid dog.

"Doctor Doppler! Doctor Doppler!"

Doctor Delbert Doppler had heard his name being called and looked in the long line, finding no one until his eyes met baby blue ones of a girl around Jim's age. His eyes widen upon seeing her since he knew that she would help the Captain of the ship he and Jim will be sailing on soon. Doctor Delbert Doppler smiled at the girl and turned around to find Jim standing behind him looking around at different fairies.

"Jim my boy, I've found our fairy and an associate." He told the boy who only nodded his head.

The two began journeying towards the middle line where the girl stood, Jim saw an old humanoid turtle hunched over with a cane and he was shaking terribly. Jim couldn't help but wince because he thought that was the friend Delbert was talking about. He was too busy focusing on the old humanoid turtle to notice that Annie Jones had stood behind him.

Annie watched as Delbert walked alongside a boy around her age, she could see him looking at something but she didn't know what. She admitted to herself that he was very handsome in a rugged rebel way, and he seemed liked trouble but all around someone she knew would have her back. Finally, Delbert and Jim stood side by side next to Annie.

"You cutters!" A woman's shrew voice screeched.

"Filthy vermin you can't cut!" A deep gravelly man's voice shouted as well.

"They're with me," Annie stated as she glared at everyone behind her and that seemed to shut them up. Annie smiled and turned back to Delbert and Jim as she held out her free hand. "Hi I'm Annie Jones you must be Doctor Delbert Doppler."

"Yes! Yes, I am." Delbert says with a smile as he shakes her hand.

Annie then turned to look at Jim who stood staring at her with wide eyes, she smiled and stuck her hand out again and questioned him lightly.

"And you must be Jim Hawkins?"

"Yeah." He muttered as he took her hand and shook it.

They both felt shocks go up to their arms and through their bodies at the slight skin contact, so they both dropped each other's hands after one shake. Annie kept the smile on her face though she could still feel the electricity of the touch running through her body.

"It's so nice to meet the financier of this trip and the person who found the map," Annie said as the line finally started moving forward now that the fairy was here.

"It's nice to meet you as well Ms. Jones, I've heard excellent things about you from your school," Delbert stated honestly with a smile as well as he walked beside her and Jim walked on his other side.

"It's nothing really," Annie told him with a shrug of her shoulders. "I guess we're going to be stuck together with our entire journey to the ship." She said to the two of them this time trying to have Jim join in on the conversation.

"Cool," Jim muttered out as he stared at her when she wasn't looking before looking at the ground.

After some time they finally got to the ticket booth and went through the process, they then got seat numbers which were right beside each other and boarded the fairy to go to the Spaceport.