The Map

"I just spoke with Constabulary looks like those pirates fled without a trace." Delbert's voice told the two Hawkins as Delbert kneeled down and placed his hands on the chair Sarah was sitting in as Jim wrapped a brown blanket on his mother's shoulder as Delbert said with sorrow in his voice. "I'm sorry Sarah, I'm afraid the Benbow Inn has burned to the ground."

Sarah glanced up at Jim who looked at his mother waiting for her to say something, instead, she turned her head to the side and towards Delbert. Jim opened his mouth as if to say something but thought better of it and closed it instead, he looked away from his mother and walked away from her. Delbert was kneeled on the ground in the tense silence feeling quite awkward with himself, once he saw Jim walk away he cleared his throat as he said.

"Well, certainly there's a lot of trouble over that odd little sphere."

The sphere laid resting on a bookcase as Jim walked over to it and picked it up, he glanced over at Delbert and began to fiddle with it as Delbert explained to the both of them.

"Those markings baffle me, unlike anything I've ever encountered."

The golden sphere made an odd whirring noise-causing Jim to look at it with interest, he then smirked and moved it around as his face contorted into concentration. He listened to Delbert continue on with his ramblings.

"Even with my vast experience and superior intellect, it will take me years to unlock its. Hey!"

Jim gasped as a green light emitted from the sphere making the lights flicker. Delbert and Sarah gasped in shock as well as they move to stand next to Jim in the middle of the room, the three watch as a map of the galaxies showed around them. Delbert fixed his glasses as he looked around in fascination, he then spotted something and exclaimed in shock.

"Wait! Wait! This is us." Jim stood behind him and Delbert continued on. "The planet Montresor."

Delbert touched the planet with his forefinger and it exploded, the planets went sideways and went through Delbert and Jim and Delbert started pointing out things in the universe. A galaxy went through him causing green dust to form, Sarah gasps and Jim stared at everything with a smile on his face. A strange planet came upon the trio and Delbert's questions in confusion.

"Wait what's this? It's....its...."

Planets began to fade away and the room became dark, only the green planet with two rings around it lit the room with a green glow. Jim stared up at the planet with a wide smile on his face as he finishes the sentence for Delbert.

"Its Treasure Planet."

"No." Delbert gasps out in shock his jaw-dropping as he stares at the planet in shock for a moment.

"That's Treasure Planet!" Jim exclaims happily.

"Minister Trove! The Loot of a Thousand Worlds!" Delbert exclaims other titles the planet is known for as he steps forward and spreads his arms out as he says. "Do you know what this means?!"

"It means that all that treasure is only a boat ride away." Jim stats as he tosses the sphere in the air and catches it.

"It means whoever brings it back will hold an eternal place atop the pantheon of explorers." Delbert continued as he stared at the planet with excitement and wonder. "He'd be able to experience whoo! What just happened?!" Debit questioned when the green glow stopped and the planet was gone.

Delbert looked at Jim who was holding the sphere with happiness, Jim looked at the sphere and walked towards his mother who was now standing beside Delbert with her hands on her hips. As Jim says to her.