Day 1 Of Chores

Annie was at the wheel later in the day with Amelia and Mr. Arrow on either side of her, she smiled happily as the two of them looked on with pride as she glided through the skies with such ease. Jim was just getting up on the locker deck and he looked around finding everyone already hard at work, that was when he caught eyes with a certain blonde girl at the helm. Annie gave Jim a smile and nodded at him, Jim gave a small one in return and gave a little wave.

"Annie, keep your eyes on the sky." Amelia scolded her lightly as she noticed the exchange between the two teenagers.

"Sorry Captain it won't happen again." Annie said as she looked away from Jim and to the sky.

Jim frowned when he realized she wasn't going to pay attention to him anymore and stuffed his hands in his coat pocket. He looked around trying to find where Silver went after he wandered out of the galley after their short conversation with each other. Jim jumped when an arm wrapped around his shoulders, he looked up and found Silver with an evil grin on his face.

"Follow me lad, your first chore of the day starts now."

Silver started to drag Jim towards the side of the ship, Jim glanced over his shoulder one more time at Annie and smiled slightly when he saw the warm smile on her face looking at the sky. He turned forward and saw that Silver stopped them in front of squeegee and Jim watched as Silver got on with ease.

"Well what are you waitin' for lad an invitation?" Silver chuckled out as he gestured to Jim for the spot beside him.

Jim sighed and jumped on with ease as well, Silver smirked and called out for a four armed muscular man.

"Lower us down Cane!"

The four armed man grunted in reply and lowered the two, Jim was a little confused until they were at the bottom of the ship. He saw the barnacles that lay under it and frowned with distaste.

"So what are we doing down here?" Jim questioned the cyborg as he shoved his hands in his pockets.

"We?" Silver bellowed out with a laugh, he wiped a year from his eye as he said. "You're making laugh boy, you're going to be getting all these barnacles off yourself."

"You're not helping?" He questioned a little upset and angry.

"Nope." Silver handed him the tools he needed and smirked at the angry look on his face.

"Fine I don't need your help."

Jim began to get the barnacles off one by one struggling a little bit but refusing to even ask Silver for help. Silver's smirk grew even wider and he decided to sit down, it made Jim stumble and get a barnacle off. He turned and glared at Silver who only looked at with an innocent face, Jim continued to work.

"Put some elbow into it!" Silver yelled as he pointed at the barnacles.

Jim grunted and got another one off and went back for another one, he was going to show Silver that he could do this with or without his help.

Halfway through the ship Silver had Cane pull them up because it was time to make lunch for the crew, Silver glanced at Jim who was about to step on the ship and said.

"You still have work to do boy, I'll give you some lunch after I'm done cooking it."

"What? But?!" Jim started to complain but was cut off when he started to get lowered back to the barnacles. "Whatever I'll show you." He mumbled to himself as he began to go back to the disgusting job.

After ten minutes and still more barnacles to go he couldn't be even more angry and upset that he was stuck doing this. Annie was given a break from the wheel and Mr. Snuff took over for her, she smiled as she made her way over to where she saw Cane standing with the ropes in his hand.

"Hello Mr. Cane, is it alright if I talk to Jim?" Annie asked with a sweet smile to which he grunted too. "Thank you."

Annie leaned over the railing and saw Jim angrily stabbing away at the barnacles, she bit her lip as she watched him with a careful eye making sure he didn't fall over.

"What got you so mad?" She called out to the teen below.

Jim jumped when he heard voice and quickly took a hold of the rope when he felt himself falling backwards, Annie gasped as her hand flew to her mouth in shock and Cane tightened his grip on the ropes. Jim regained his balance and sat on the squeegee and he looked up and saw Annie looking down at him with concern.

"Oh hey." He said casually as he waved up at her with a cool expression. "Didn't see you there."

Annie laughed with confusion and amusement while Cane used his fourth arm to facepalm himself wondering how a boy could be so stupid. Annie leaned against the railing as she said.

"Yeah I noticed when you almost fell, are you alright?"

"Me fall?" Jim said with a scoff, as he went on as he stood up and said with a smirk. "I think you saw me trying to make you worried about me and it worked."

"Oh really?" Annie said with a smile, as she raised an eyebrow at the boy below her.

"Yep, I got amazing balance." He stated as he held the rope and trying to look even more cool as he jumped a couple of times doing different landings. "So what brings you here?" He asked as he smiled up at her.

"I just wanted to see how you were doing? I know barnacles are hard and I wanted to say just try to have fun with it." Annie said as she smiled back at him.

"Alright, I'll do that." Jim said as he glanced at barnacles wondering how on the stars could he have fun with these things.

"Annie we have to go over some of your lessons!" Mr. Arrow called out to the girl near the railing with a stern look.

"Coming!" She called back before turning to look at Jim. "I'll see if I can bring you lunch when it's done, don't forget to have fun Jim."

Before Jim could even say goodbye she started to walk over to Mr. Arrow, he looked back at the barnacles and sighed as he mumbled to himself.

"Have fun? Alright let's have some fun."

After a couple more minutes passed Cane could hear what seemed like fighting going down below him, against his better judgement he glanced down and found Jim looking like he was sword battling with the barnacles.

"Back you filthy pirates." He mumbled out but Cane heard him.

The four armed man leaned back and looked forward, he had a look of pure disappointment on his face but it turned to amusement as he listened, on to the show the boy was putting on. Just wait till he tells the crew about this.

:A/N: Part Two Of Day One Of Chores Is Coming Up Next! Thanks For Reading everyone!