Chapter 16 - The Persecutor Shows Himself

Please vote and comment!

School was as normal as always, doing a bit of nothing in class A. Probably because I already know all the content we're taught so class does get rather boring at times. I spend most of class pretending to do stuff or napping off, since I'm at the back, Mashima-sensei doesn't really have a good view of me either so it's fine.

We were given 30 minutes of "free time" at the end of class when Kamuro walked up to me. Due to the position of the desk as I sat there and faced her, who was standing, my only view looking straight forward were her thighs. The girls uniforms at this school really weren't too long so I couldn't help but be presented with such a sight but I quickly averted my gaze and looked up at her before she noticed.

"Ayanokoji-kun"

"Kamuro, what's up"

"Nothing much really, you have your fight today don't you? Ryuens a strong opponent, will you be fine?" She asks me.

Over the past few weeks, we haven't become friends or anything but there's an overall mutual understanding in the class now and everyone is pretty friendly with each other when there's nothing serious going on. Not mentioning the rooftop incident was probably the best move now.

"I'll be fine, don't worry. I know how to throw a punch or two."

"Stop playing around, I saw you fight Albert you know, you're not normal at the slightest."

"Then why bother asking me if I'll be fine, just come see for yourself."

"Ugh.." She sounded as she walked away, what was the point of her walking up to me, for just small talk?

I slowly got up and left the class not before having a small trivial conversation with Sakayanagi about how my progress is going and it all ended well and I was on my way out. Since my fight was still 3 hours away from now, I figured going back to my dorm would be the move right now so that's where I was headed.

I found myself running into Horikita, and Sudo? Who was walking beside her as they walked on the path, what could they be up to I wonder but I decided not approaching them was the right thing to do. Sudo seemed like he was pleading to Horikita for something but Horikita wasn't paying much attention.

Before I could go a different direction, it seems Horikita noticed me and called out.

"Ayanokoji-kun, what a coincidence seeing you again today" she said as Sudo followed her behind. Hearing Horkita say "again" seems to put a face of discomfort on him, I guess he hadn't managed to get any closer with her since Horikita is dense as a rock afterall.

"Horikita can I ask you something?" I asked her

"No I'm not going to come watch your fight against Ryuen."

"I haven't even said anything yet..." I told her

"Huh? What is it then?"

"Are you gonna come watch me fight against Ryuen?"

"Y-you...Unbelievable...*sigh*.. I'm not sure, we'll see." Seems like I ticked her off a bit but I got some pleasure out of that. It seems she ignored it and didn't bother lashing out on me for teasing her or something.

"You two seem awfully close even after Ayanokoji left, you guys must've been really great friends Suzune." Sudo spoke out as he started getting a bit jealous you could say.

"It's nothing like that Sudo-kun, now can I ask why you've been following me around? I'm trying to get back to my dorm." Horikita spoke out.

"But there's this lesson I really don't understand, only you have the ability to teach it to me so can you pleasee help out"