Chapter 22- Koenji Unleashed: The Climax Part 1/2

Please comment, vote and leave your thoughts on the story!

After parting ways with Hirata-kun, I found myself walking by the riverside. The midnight scene was serene, bathed in the silvery glow of the moon. 

Each step was light and unhurried, with each footfall a gentle whisper against the earth. The cool, nocturnal breeze brushed against my hair which was getting longer by the day, sending a soft chill down my back.

The path, illuminated only by sparse light posts, enhanced my solitude. The air was crisp, carrying the subtle scent of water and earth, and I felt a sense of peace as my thoughts aligned more clearly. 

I felt a profound peace envelop me, with a lot my worries slowly dissolving as my thoughts were coming together.

As I looked up and into the distance, I could see the figure of a man getting closer and closer. He stood tall and proud, with no hint of doubt in his actions. His blonde hair somehow glowing in this darkness. 

This man now held the keys to the success of this class.

"Koenji-kun, thank you for meeting me at this late hour," I said, gesturing to a nearby bench. He nodded, and we sat down.

He looked down at me with a face of no doubt and nodded as we took a seat at a nearby bench.

"I hope this isn't too much of a disturbance, but I have a proposal that could benefit us both," I began, aware of the value he placed on his time.

"Now girl, my time is valuable, of course, but I find it occasionally enlightening to engage with my classmates. Let's not dawdle on pleasantries, though. What urgent matter requires the attention of Koenji Rokusuke at this late hour?" He told me with his usual use of unusual vocabulary.

"I know I promised you would not be forced to do anything else for the class after the last island exam but current situations require that I need your help once again, this time more long term. Will you lend me your ear at the very least?" I asked him.

"I thought you were at least a woman of her words, but here you are breaking promises. Never mind that, I'm intrigued of this "situation" you speak of. Speak, then. I'll listen and decide whether this situation is worthy of my intervention. Remember, my assistance is not a given; it's a privilege."

"Before I get to my point, I'd like to ask you. What do you think of me as a class leader and as a human? Am I competent? Can I be trusted? I want you to be real with me and give it to me straight" I firmly asked Koenji-kun

"I'm rather intrigued, there's a different aura about you now, a certain... assertiveness, a clarity of purpose that wasn't there before. It makes me wonder what has changed. Had this version of Horikita been present from the beginning, perhaps our discussions would be about maintaining our position in Class A, rather than aspiring to it. So, what brings about this transformation, I wonder?" He told me.

He spoke with clarity and transparency I've never heard him speak with before, what is this? It was refreshing but I wondered what had brought upon this. Surprisingly, his evaluation of me... was good? I'll need to use this to my advantage.

"I'm not quite sure Koenji-kun but what if I told you that graduating from class-A was possible for us?"

I asked with full knowledge that Koenji had no care in the world about graduating from class-A.

"You understand, I do not care which class I graduate from, my duties and responsibilities after graduation are set no matter what. I'm only here to spend my time doing what I want, and not a soul will alter my direction." He told me how I expected him to respond.