See Eye To Eye

Leaving Brielle's Grandparents home Quentin noticed the car behind his. Amos seeming to be inside deep off in thoughts. Looking at him Q huffed. It was nice to know Mr hard ass's story but man was he projecting. What did he see Q as? Another rich powerhouse to fuck his life up? It was some bullshit in truth it needed to be resolved. 

So was he about to extend an olive branch? Yes, if it meant they could be civil. Brielle's super hero was her father. She loved every bit of that angry man. Therefore they needed to come to common ground for her. Walking over he knocked on the window. Amos looked up with a scowl. He rolled the window down with attitude. 

"What?" 

"Look Mr. Pryor, I made a mistake. Believe me I'm paying for it. Everyday I go without her smile hurts. I'm doing everything I need to do to be that man she loves. To be the man she needs. I gotta grow up.....this whatever it is between us. Is damaging my path. As long as we war things will never grow. So forgive me if I ever made you feel any type of way. I would like for us to find peace." Quentin spoke, Amos pursed his lips staring at him. 

"Is this Quentin or....Mr. Spivey?" Amos tossed, Q sighed rubbing the back of his head dropping formalities. 

"You want the real me? Fine, I can deliver that just fine. I'm sick of your shit Amos. You're far too old to be pouting and shit man. I don't want to argue no more. I need to grow up too so sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way. We need to get it together for baby girl, so that being said we need to start getting to know each other. Lou wants to go fishing this weekend. I've never been, come along. Once every other week we need to get together and just do something. I can manage that, can you?" Quentin dropped, the silence following starting to make him feel like he made a mistake. Amos's mouth twitched before he started his car. 

"Suits wont do you any good out where we're going." Amos simply responded, Quentin's worry fell as he let out a relieved breath. 

"I don't always dress like this." Quentin pointed out with a smile. 

"Mhmm. This weekend...if I get the feeling you're being cross with me that's it. No business man fakeness." Amos warned. 

"Understood. No businessman, as long as you leave firearms." Quentin tossed, Amos pursed his lips giving a hard nod. Pulling put Quentin waited till he was a speck in the distance to do a victory dance. He held a conversation with Amos that didn't lead with anger. That was one for the history books. 

Next day... 

Waiting in the conference room Quentin checked his watch. Brielle 10 minutes late to her meeting. Very unlike her he had to admit. She was normally very punctual when it came to business. Not that he minded he was feeling iffy on this meeting. He felt like the two corporate men on the other side of the meeting table had an ulterior motive. 

They had been one of the outlets Quentin proposed backing from yet they didn't give her portfolio a glance before declining. So this sudden meeting was a real flag. Quentin knew business and this only meant one of two things. They were trying to snipe, but he'd hear them out.....just for her. 

"Excuse me, sorry I'm so late." Brielle rushed out, entering the room her heels clicking across the floor. 

"No worries Ms. Pryor." Came from across the table. 

The two men standing to greet her. She shook their hands waving to her team. Consisting of Quentin her adviser, and Sawyer her lawyer. They were only missing her finance manager but she was out sick. Standing, Quentin pulled her chair out. She thanked him lowly as she quickly took a seat setting her things down. Her quick movement making wind catch her scent. Her usual soft tone wasnt what caused him to freeze. A husk mixed in made his mind freeze.