Play Stupid Games......

This update is being wonky. I don't know what's going on with wattpad.

Sitting outside of Lance's home Shelby tried to pump herself up. Nerves getting to her as she tried coming up with something to say. She had been practicing how to come out with an apology for a while now. This was new territory for her. He did deserve one at least. She was grown enough to admit she had been wild the whole trip. She had never been one to cope with change well.  

Lance's birthday dinner was not at all what she thought it would be like. She thought Quentin would be pressing her buttons per usual, they would bicker, and sometime later she would be riding him like a stallion he was hung like. His so called pop out had really thrown her for a loop. Especially given the little speech he had given her after Mia's funeral. She may have shot him down in the moment but his words never left her mind. That weekend was supposed to be a touch and feel, see where his head was at. What they might be able to create.  

Life just didn't cooperate with her. Not only did he bring that random, but she had a damn ring on her finger. To say Shelby had whiplash was an understatement. A man like Quentin "Cassanova", "Playa Playa", "Bachelor", "Killa Q" Spivey.....was engaged? To a bitch he just met? That was whatever witchcraft that girl put on him. Factor in the fact that she fucked Lance while he was married. Mia would surely have had a few choice words...for Lance but still. Who didn't know football king Lance Sullivan? She got no star vibes from him wherever they met at?  

She had Brielle so far up shits creek without so much as a full day with the girl. Shelby could admit she was on Brielle's ass because she seemed like an easy thing to squash. Miss Chicago had a lethal mouth on her, it turned out. Shelby still felt like she was snuck at that dinner table. The drag was a real cheap move. At least Candace had the gall to square up with her. She felt pretty evenly matched with her. Brielle had caught her completely off guard. She didn't think that was how shit was going to go.  

She expected the tears and the sorrow, and Shelby fully expected to bask in the demise of a relationship untouched. Brielle was the luckiest girl in the world, she would have been arrested had Jordan not talked her out of it. The hospital staff had been worried about her scratches after she had her stomach pumped. She was ready to blab it all and have a bitch locked up in a foreign country. Lucky lucky girl she was.  

"Mom....can we go in now?" Kennedy groaned, sick of waiting out in the car. Shelby blinked, coming out of her complicated mind.  

"Right, sorry baby. Let's go." Shelby spoke up, swallowing her nerves.  

With how Quentin was ducking and dodging her, she hoped it would be a better face to face interaction. At her nod her driver exited the vehicle to open her door. Kennedy excitedly jumped out rushing to the door. Shelby trailing behind her as Kennedy rang the doorbell. After a few minutes the door opened. Lance's face completely paled seeing Shelby.  

"Uncle L!" Kennedy chirped, hugging the stunned man.  

"Hey....." He muttered, confusion in his tone.  

"Lance, lovely to see you as always." Shelby smiled, inviting herself into his home.  

"Is Faith home?"  

"Yeah, she just got here. She should be in her room." Lance answered, trying not to show his panic to the young girl.  

"Can I go?" Kennedy asked, getting a nod from her mother and she was gone.  

"What are you doing here!?" Lance rushed out.  

"We were in the neighborhood andddd Kennedy wanted to come visit Faith. You know how best friends are. I figured why not come visit my brother and we all ride to New York." Shelby answered.