To The Best....Man

Important info at the end of chap.

Yall enjoy it's been a hell of a ride.🥺❤

February

Quentin moved the massage gun along Brielle's back. Listening to her soft groans of relief. A morning routine he had implemented that she loved. It started with a hot dower and then a massage session. Helping to loosen up her tired and tight muscles. Carrying a baby for 9 months was no joke.

Her pregnancy journey had been an emotional ride. Though she wasn't as big as a house she sure felt like it. She carried small. In comparison to the women she saw around the clinic. She looked more like 5 months rather than on the cusp of 9. Regardless of the lack of protrusion. She still felt the lower back pain of supporting a child.

Coupled with her immune system being shot. She had been practically hibernating in her home. It took absolutely nothing for her to catch a cold. It was inevitable it seemed. Anytime she was needed in the outside world she'd be sick a few days after. Not to mention how much the baby was taking from her.

Much to Nett's displeasure, Brielle still felt like she was carrying a tumor. She loved her baby but damn was it draining her of everything. As those early months ticked by it seemed like every time she turned around she was deficient in this and that. So much so even eating nutrient rich foods wasn't enough. She had to take various vitamin pills a day just to function properly.

She had mentally prepared for the pain, the aches, the hormones, and the vomiting. She wasn't prepared for her child to be stripping her raw. Her thick hair had thinned and broke off so bad she had to do a big chop. Top that with the anemia she had developed, it seemed like she could never get warm. Her hands and feet could go ice cold in minutes for no apparent reason.

Add in kicks that felt like they could shatter bones. A baby keen on sitting on her sciatic nerve. Which often made her right leg go into that numb odd sensation. The cherry on top being frequent migraines. It was safe to say she wanted this baby out and right now. If she wasn't stuck on her birthing plans. She'd be beating down the walls of a hospital demanding they induce her.

"Are you sure about going out today?" Quentin questioned, as he stopped the massage gun.

".....kinda. I don't know, I just feel bad I keep flaking on her." Brielle admitted.

"What'd you tell me with my pops? It takes time remember. So don't feel bad about changing your mind. She has to implode patience with you. It's not simple." Quentin responded, Brielle nodded stretching her arms out.

"I hear you......I'm going to go today." She declared.

"Okay,make sure you drink one of those smoothies before you head out." Quentin reminded her, she nodded using him for help getting up. Watching him walk into the closet she frowned.

"Where are you going?"

"To work?" He called out.

"Work? You're going to be gone all day?" She pouted, entering the closet as he made his suit selection.

"I need to go touch bases. I've been out all week. I'll be home later." He responded, ignoring the cute pout she was displaying. Nothing like a pregnant woman wearing your shirt with a pout that broke the soul. He quickly learned that shit was dangerous. What was even more dangerous? Just how quick that shit could flip.

"Fine!"

"Bri Bri, come on now. Let's not do this today." He groaned.

"No fuck you! You're just gonna leave me here by myself! You don't even care about me foreal." She erupted, he tossed his head back heaving a hard sigh.