Past Pains

Vote and Comment💖

The door shutting with a soft thud, Quentin was shoved against the wall. He had no time to truly react as a pair of lips slammed on his. Hands clawing at his shirt. Reeling in the shock he shoved her off him. Quickly flipping the light switch stabbing him in the back on. He looked at her wide eyed aggressively wiping his lips.

"What the hell is wrong with you!" He exclaimed, Shelby looked at him confused.

"You've been looking at me all day." She muttered, stepping forward she reaching out to touch him. He dodged her hand effectively putting distance between them.

"Quentin, what is wrong with you? You wanted to be alone right?" She spat, growing irritated already.

"That is not why I wanted you alone!" He snapped, fixing his clothes.

"What? You're giving mixed signals!" She snapped back, he narrowed his eyes at her tilting his head.

"Mixed signals?! I gave you one signal Shelby. You the one that cant read people clearly." He argued.

"What did you call me in here for?!" She erupted, wanting to get to the point.

"To talk!!"

"Talk?" She echoed skeptically.

"Talk." He repeated firmly with a nod.

"Talk!?" She restated in a growl. She didn't want to talk, she wanted him to give her attention and love. Fuck her right here and now while his lap dog was doing whatever.

"Yes talk! T A L K. TALK! When you enunciate sounds that are letters to make words in a fluid sentence!" He roughly stated, finding hiself growing agitated at the back and forth.

"You need to get your signals right!" It wasnt her fault she jumped at him. How else was she supposed to react when he had blatantly ignored her since they've been in The Bahamas. Only acknowledging her in groups, ignoring her looks, her brushes, her sly statements. Even ignoring the normal poking at eachother. It was as if she wasnt there.

"My signals!? I'm not fucking shooting flares Shelby. Look just...we need to talk that's it that's all." He sighed, washing a hand over his face.

"Talk then Quentin. This is the most you've said to me in forever." She spat, crossing her arms.

"I'm sorry." He stated whole heartedly.

"Sorry for what Quentin?"

"Sorry for sleeping with you. It was a mistake Shelby." He answered, watching her eyes instantly blaze.

"A mistake?!!"

"You are full of questions right now. Yes a mistake. It shouldn't have happened." He spoke, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"Well it did!" She spat, that wasnt something that just disappeared. The first time they fucked he said it was a mistake but he always came right back.

"I know and I'm sorry I'm taking responsibility for my part. Shelby I love you..."

"See you do love me." She interjected with a smile, he winced shaking his head.

"As. A. Friend. Nothing more." He finished, hating the way that just seemed to drain from her.

"You....you cant turn love off, you love me." She fumbled shaking her head.

"Loved! You can't turn it off but it damn sure has levels. I love you but im not in love with you. I love Brielle, I'm in love with Brielle." He confessed hoping she'd hear him.