Tropical Trouble

Vote, and talk to ya girl. Let them comments flow.😌

December 2014

Typing up the last set of notes for his PA, Quentin's phone started ringing. He scowled at the caller ID, his father's name flashing across his screen. He wasn't in the mood for the mans "you never call" speech today. Hitting send he shut down his computer as the call ended. Only to start up again wit a heavy sigh Quentin answered.

"What's this mess the tabs going on about? You engaged?" Immediately came through the phone, Quentin rubbed a hand over his face looking up at the ceiling. Sick of the calls from family, sick of blogs, sick of tabloids. Everyone in his damn business putting their two cents in.

"Yes."

"Yes? You dont think that's something you tell your father?" His father huffed.

"I'm engaged." Quentin responded just to be an ass. Things between the two weren't peachy but they weren't nearly as bad as when he was in his 20's. They had come a very very long way over the years. The ideal father and son relationship was never going to happen for them though.

"Please tell me it's that short woman I saw at Wang's fashion show. Brit?....Bri?...."

"Brielle." Quentin corrected, thinking back to that third day. He called himself trying to impress Brielle and Wang was one of her idols. He had no clue his father would be there. Having your father flirting his ass off with your date was both uncomfortable and annoying. Looking down at his watch he frowned at the time. They had a plane to catch to Philly in a few hours yet she was taking her sweet ass time.

"Yes that girl, mmmmm so sweet.. Surprised you had one stick around this long. When are you gonna bring her to New York? I need to know my future....daughter inlaw." His father spoke a slick tone, Quentin's jaw ticked letting a slow breath out. A major reason he wasn't open with his father was the simple fact that the man was an asshole. Been one for as long as he could remember. All of his affection came from his mother alone.

"I dont know."

"What you don't want her to meet your family? Afraid she'll run for the hills? If she made it with you this long I think you in the clear." His father poked. Quentin huffed that was never happening. He had enough random people telling them they were moving way too fast.

"Is that all you called for?" Quentin spat.

He was starting to regret letting word out. Things were better when no one knew. There was no one judging him and making him feel like he was incapable of love or incapable of settling down. Who knows maybe he was. The knowledge that he was going to have to spend two weeks around his biggest fuck up to date was killing him. He had tried to formulate a way to tell Brielle what happened but nothing ever came out. He got chocked up and scared that the moment he uttered his truth she'd leave him. Considering her track record of shitty men, the last thing he wanted to be was one of them.

"I was wondering what your Christmas plans were." His father questioned.

"Same as last year's." Quentin dryly answered. There was a tense silence after his admittance. He could practically see his father rolling his eyes.

"Is that all?" Quentin hummed, wanting to hang up knowing it was urking his father to the core he didnt do family gatherings. For what to having a pissing contest in front of relatives? To hear that same tired ass I made you story?

"Bye." Came the short irritated response that brought a smirk to Q's face. Hanging up he packed his computer back into his carry on.

"BRI! Come on woman we're getting on a plane not meeting the Queen of England." He called out looking at his watch.