Chapter Ten Morgan Grey's POV

Casey got up off the couch taking our empty mugs with her and made her way into the kitchen. I could feel how she felt, uneasy and troubled. I watched as she washed the mugs and set them aside to dry. I got up and made my way to her. I placed my hand gently on her shoulder to get her attention. She turned around to look at me. "Something is troubling you," I stated. "Yes, I need to speak to my parents, it is time for some answers." She said drying her hands, kissing my forehead and making her way to the front door. "You should rest baby." She told me. "I will," I replied. She smiled at me before opening the door and walking out, letting it shut behind her.

I made my way down the passage and into the bedroom. I felt uneasy. I made to lay down on the bed and get some rest when the uneasiness turned into agitation and slight fear. I knew something was wrong with Casey. I ran out of the bedroom, down the passage and out the house. I knew she had gone to her parent's house and that is exactly where I went. I made to knock on the door when I heard her father's voice.

"It started well before your birth. There were two packs, the leader of each pack were brothers, alphas in their own right. The one pack, the Blood moon pack, was led by Elijah Grey and the Bane pack was led by Morgan's father, Lucas Grey. The two were at war with each other, a war that lasted over a decade. We were allies with the Bane pack, had been since my grandparents were leaders of this pack." William said.

"We do not know how the war started or who struck first. All we know is that the two packs disagreed on how things should be done. The Bane pack believed that we should help and protect other wolves and fae no matter what their rank was. The Blood moon pack believed that Lucas was wrong, that packs should be led by blood status and ranks, that we should all be divided and segregated by status. So, a long war began. Our pack backed Lucas' pack because we believed them to be in the right. And a new pack, the Mist moon pack, backed Elijah's pack."

"Father, what happened? Please I need to know." I heard Casey say, I could hear the pleading in her voice. "Ten years into the long war you were born. Your mother and I were beyond happy. We had been trying for years to have a child and when you came along were knew that you were a blessing from the goddesses themselves. When you were born we drew back out of the war. We still offered our support but refused to fight in any way. It was a big mistake on our part. Once we had withdrawn the Blood moon pack saw the weaknesses in the Bane pack. Six years went by and eventually, Elijah won. He destroyed the Bane pack and its members, burned the entire place to the ground."

"When we went to the ruins of the Bane pack we found nothing but dead bodies. We thought that everyone had died. So, we buried the bodies and made our way back home. We would often hear rumours that Lucas' two children had survived, that they were living with the Mist moon pack. His son, Adam and his daughter, Morgan. We tried our best to find out if the rumours were true but there was only so much we could do. The day Morgan arrived here we knew that they were true. We were surprised that her and her brother had survived and had been living for years with the enemies. The Mist moon pack leader Mason Mateo is a ruthless man and must have taken the two children as some sort of sick trophy." Casey's father finished.

I could not stand to hear anymore. My entire life was a lie. They knew the truth about me and they kept it to themselves. All those years spent being tormented. I now understood why I never belonged, why I did not fit in. that sick person I had called father, that I had acknowledged as my alpha, just kept me and my brother around as some sick joke. The years of beatings we had endured, the verbal abuse. Everything was getting too much to bear. My dreams finally made sense. Everything made sense now and it made me sick.

Tears welled up until my eyes could no longer handle their weight and they fell down my case in a steady stream. I did the first thing that came naturally to me, I ran. I had no idea where I was going I just continued running through the forest. I came to a stop once I reached the cliff's edge. A fleeting thought of 'jump' crossed through my mind, but I pushed it to the back of my mind, taking a seat on the edge so that my feet were dangling over. I stayed like that as the sky grew darker and I knew that the sun was setting.