Do you believe that soulmates exist?

Y/N POV

After Kate's message I couldn't sleep that night. Now it's been 2 weeks since that day and things with Kate are still the same, we've done facetime some nights to tell each other about our days or whatever, I can see she's making an effort to make this last but I can't go on like this, flooding my mind with thoughts that maybe aren't even true, waiting for Kate to decide to come even for a weekend because she knows that these days I have been killing myself working with the twins; so I decided that I'll break up with Kate, I love her but no longer in the sense of wanting her as my partner, the distance really affects and the actions she hasn't done as well.

Kate is not the type of romantic partner that would drop everything to come see you if you are down one day, she's a workaholic and most of the time we saw each other it was late, we would go to dinner sometimes we would go to the museum and then to one of our apartments and don't think about sex because most of the time Kate was too tired or we just weren't in the mood. The times we spent the most time together was when we would go on vacation with her family or we would go out with my family here in NY, I think Kate was not the one I really wanted but Kate had me. I never felt in love with her although she was good to me. There were good things in the relationship obviously, communication was good but I also like to have adventures, I like to go for walks, take trips to the beach, go camping and not just stay home or go out to dinner, I wanted to be touched, to be seen with desire and not just to have sex to get rid of stress or just because. I don't deserve this and I think after almost 2 years together I realize that, sometimes you expect a lot from someone because you'd do that much for them.

Today the twins planned a dinner for the launch of the new clothing collection so I can't break up with Kate today, maybe I'll do it tomorrow.

Most of my day was based on checking my social media, answering some emails, uploading pictures of some of the sessions and promoting "The Row", plus watching TV with junk shows I wasn't even paying attention.

It was 4 o'clock when I heard someone knocking on my door, weird.

"I'm coming" I said getting up from the couch "Lizzie?" I said a little surprised by her presence. "Sorry I didn't let you know I was coming, a lot has been going on with Robbie and I can't deal with it today" Lizzie said rushing over to me with tears in her eyes and her breath hitching. I didn't know what to do or say to her, I knew several things were going on between her and Robbie but I never asked her what kind of things plus I thought he was in LA. "Don't worry about it, what happened?" I said sitting her down on the couch. "He... he almost hit me" Lizzie told me crying. "He what?" I said a little upset at what Robbie had done. "It's not the first time, when he has shows with the band they always go drinking afterwards, Robbie comes in drunk and very aggressive, most of the time I try to pretend to be asleep so when he comes home he won't bother me but yesterday when he arrived from the concert here in NY he realized I wasn't asleep and grabbed my arm, he started shaking me on the hotel bed while yelling at me why don't I love him anymore and other things that don't even make sense, I could smell the breath of whiskey mixed with beer coming out of his mouth. I ran out and came home when he was gone" Lizzie said playing with her rings and with tears running down her cheeks. What a dick. "It's not the first time? why didn't you tell me? and what do you mean you don't love him anymore?"  I said looking at her right profile. "I don't know, I didn't want to bother you with my problems when you also have your own. And yes I love him but I can't be with him anymore, there are a lot of things left in the past and Robbie is no longer the same as he was at the beginning of our relationship, I heard he told someone on the phone that he was going to propose to me and I'd rather end all this before that day comes, he is no longer what I want, he is no longer the one I want"  Lizzie said looking me in the eyes. That felt... different, things between Lizzie and I have been very innocent since we met, she's with Robbie and I'm with Kate but there's a certain tension when we hang out, not a bad tension but everything flows really well when we're together, it really feels like we know each other from another life and I have to agree that I've come to think that Lizzie and I are soulmates, when we're together it feels like every part of our being is connected. "Liz, you don't bother me at all, neither you nor your problems, we are friends and you know that I'll always be there for you even though we've only known each other for a short time. You should talk to him and end it all Lizzie, it's not good for you to be in such a toxic environment let alone probably your future husband treating you that way, you don't deserve it he should treat you like the queen you are, you deserve everything good and beautiful that exists in the world and if he's not who you want it's no longer your place to be with him"  I said to Lizzie with a hand on her shoulder and a half smile "girls like you deserve a love that always feels like summer" I concluded. "I'd come to New York to distract myself from him and the problems we have at home, but he had to give a concert here in New York, sometimes I feel like I have no life without him" Lizzie said looking at the floor. I didn't know what to tell her, I thought Robbie was a Good man, they always looks happy together, I guess at first she was happy until the problems came.

"Y/N?" said Lizzie looking into my eyes. "What's wrong?" I said turning my attention to her. "Have you ever felt what I feel when we are together?" she said playing with her fingers and looking at the floor. "What have you felt?" I said knowing her answer. "Like we already know each other, like our souls are intertwined" she told me in a brittle voice. "Yes, I have felt it multiple times" I replied blushing. "Do you believe that soulmates exist?" She asked me curious. "I do. Just not always in a romantic way, I think there are certain people you'll meet in your life who you just connect with more than anyone else and you just know it isn't a typical thing and you understand each other perfectly and this person won't always be your significant other" I said to Lizzie taking her hand "It could be just about anyone you've ever interacted with" I continued. "I feel like you are that person in my life. My soulmate" she said looking at our intertwined hands.

-----------------------------------

A/N

Excuse me ma'am what did Lizzie just said?