I'm glad to be the first

Two weeks later*

So tomorrow is my birthday and I don't know what to do yet, I just want to spend my day with Lizzie and do what we love most, go for ice cream and watch the clouds or just cuddle up in each other's arms, as Friends :).

A week ago she went back to LA as she had some meetings with her agent to talk about the second season of SFYL and some reshoots of Endgame, she also had a few interviews scheduled and I don't know how much, so therefore, her schedule was remarkably busy.

I devised a plan, today at noon I'll fly to LA and surprise Lizzie to spend my day with her tomorrow while she continues to do her thing. Be a great actress and a beautiful human being.

No one in my family knows let alone the twins, I know if I tell them, they'll tell Lizzie. The only ones who know are Cam, Blue and Flo, I think under the circumstances they are the only ones I trust.

I'd ask Flo to drive me to the airport later as she's the only one who will be free, plus I really enjoy her company.

When I get to LA Victoria will pick me up at the airport since she's there filming a new series and we're going to have lunch and then go to Lizzie's house and surprise her.

I'm a little nervous, I'm hoping to surprise Lizzie and not be the one who gets a surprise. We've been talking every day on ft since she left, it's a bit bittersweet being in a long distance friendship, but I think I'm moving to LA soon to start working with Kit on the SFYL soundtrack, hopefully spend more time with Lizzie.

It's now 10am, my bags are packed and I've finished my workout routine. Just waiting for 11:30 for Flo to come and pick me up and take me to the airport.

A few days ago I was walking around town and found a necklace that caught my attention. It's a very simple necklace but for me it has a great meaning, so I bought it for Lizzie; I hope she likes it as much as I do.

I started to go through some unread emails I had, there was really nothing important so I finished quickly

I decided to send a message to Lizzie since it was almost 2 o'clock and she was leaving her interview at that time.

From what she told me everything went well, now I had to wait to see the interview. We stopped texting because she was going to drive and Flo was going to pick me up.

As I was putting my bags at the entrance, the doorbell rang. I figured it would be Flo, so I excitedly opened the door.

"Heyy!" I shouted to Flo giving her a hug. "Oh it's good to see you, I missed you already" she kissed my cheek with a huge smile. "I know, even though I saw you two days ago" I laugh. "I know, but I really enjoy seeing you, you're one of my best friends" she confessed, putting her hand on my shoulder with a lovely look. "Oh Flo, that's so sweet!" I expressed tenderly.

"You are! But enough tenderness! let's go because you're going to be late for your flight" Flo said, giving me a light punch on the arm. "You're right, let me grab my stuff" I commented heading for the kitchen.

I loaded my bags into Flo's car and we started the drive to the airport, although it was actually about 30 minutes away.

"Do you think she'll like the necklace I bought for her?" I asked a little nervously looking at the necklace inside the box. "Of course she's going to like it, it's a little cloud, it has meaning for both of you." she told me with a comforting smile. "On our first date as friends, we went to the park and saw the clouds, Lizzie looked so sweet and cute. I remember her telling me to make up stories while we watched the clouds, it was such a childish thing to do but it made my heart flutter, I think that's one of the things why I fell in love with her" I confessed madly with a smile on my face as I thought about Lizzie. "You really are in love with her." Flo expressed with a proud smile. "I really am" I acknowledged while still smiling. "I just hope she's in love in the same way you are, and if she is, I'm happy for both of you, you both are made for each other" Flo mentioned without taking her eyes off the road. "How do you know?" I said turning my head towards her with an inquiring look. "Because you don't look at each other with butterflies and happiness. You look at each other with reality but at the same time, there's a fairytale awaiting you" she stated looking sideways at me. "She... she sees me the same way Kate saw me, that look that is full of love and desire" I confessed playing with my fingers. "And how does that make you feel?" asked Flo interested. "I guess good and bad. Good because I know we're on the same page but bad for Kate because I never saw her that way and I know it was what she wanted most" I said a little embarrassed. "You shouldn't feel bad, Kate wasn't for you and in a way she led you to where you really belong, to Lizzie" she commented in a comforting tone.

"We've arrived!" Flo shouted, parking outside the airport and pulling me out of my bubble. "Oh how quickly the drive went by, thanks for the ride" I said giving her a hug. "You have nothing to thank me for, it's a pleasure. I hope you have a happy birthday and remember that we'll celebrate when you return" she said, giving me a hug again. "See you in a few days, take care" I announced with a smile getting out of the car.

I opened the trunk, unloaded my bags and headed for the airport entrance. I turned to Flo and waved goodbye.

I checked my luggage and quickly looked for the gate where my plane was to board. They checked my tickets and let me through with no problem.

Six hours later I was in LA, the flight was extremely tired, even though it wasn't so many hours, going up during the day and coming down almost at night got me a little out of control, besides the girl next to me kept talking, she asked me for my autograph and told me she loved the runway of The Row, I just smiled and said thank you to everything she said, and she kept asking me about Lizzie and if we were already together; so my energy was a little exhausted. Good thing when I arrived and activated my phone, I had a text from Victoria telling me she was already waiting for me outside, but a little weird because there was no sign of Lizzie.

I went to the disembarkation hall and then to the baggage hall to get my suitcase, and thank goodness mine was one of the first ones to come off the conveyor belt because I couldn't stand to be there any longer.

I came out of the airport and met Victoria who was carrying a sign that said "Welcome to LA Y/L/N" and a bouquet of Peruvian lilies.

"Oh wow, I've never been greeted in such a nice way" I said jokingly as I walked over to where she was standing. "Well, I'm glad to be the first" Victoria replied with a smile. "Hi, how are you?" I asked giving her a hug. "Happy to see you, if I'm being honest" she sobbed giving me the flowers and sign. "Oh, they smell delicious! Thank you so much, you didn't have to bothered" I affirmed as we walked to her car. "It's no bother at all, it's the least I can do. Come, let me help you with your luggage" she indicated taking my bags "where do you want to go for lunch?" Vic continued. "Anywhere, I'm starving. Airplane food tastes awful" I acknowledge in disgust. "I know! Tastes like frozen food that's been there for two years" she agreed with me putting my things in her trunk. "Let's go to McDonald's, I'm dying for a burger" I suggested getting in the car. "Wherever the traveler says" Victoria approved with a joking tone and started the car.