My happy place

We continued to eat in silence until there was no more food on our plates, both the ravioli and the salad were delicious, I enjoyed every bite of my dinner and didn't want to finish eating.

"These ravioli were marvelous" I commented to Lizzie as I took a sip of wine. "I can say the same for your salad, the vinaigrette was great" Lizzie said with a welcoming look and a smile on her face and wiping the side of her mouth "Wanna dance?" she asked extending her hand for me to take. "What about the dirty dishes?" I said pointing to the plates on the table. "Don't worry, we'll wash them later" Lizzie answered smiling. "Okay, sure, let's dance" I let out a laugh and took her hand with a smile.

We headed to the living room, I handed my phone to Lizzie to put on whatever song she wanted. Her choice was "One and only" by Adele. Ah, that song.

Lizzie left my cell phone on top of the speaker and walked over to me, she took my hand and put her arm on my shoulder while I put my hand on her waist making our bodies closer to each other.
She looked into my eyes with that tender look and beautiful smile and then put her head on my chest and started moving our bodies to the melody of the song.
From time to time I would have Lizzie turn as we danced and our gazes were lost in each other's, watching the galaxy behind them, the whole song smiling at the physical contact and interaction we were having at that moment. Once again it was just Lizzie and I in our bubble that felt like home. Feeling Lizzie's warmth on me made me want to pause the moment and stay there forever, my happy place.
And that's it, I'm falling in love.

"You've been on my mind
I grow fonder every day
Lose myself in time
Just thinking of your face
God only knows why it's taken me
So long to let my doubts go
You're the only one that I want

I don't know why I'm scared
I've been here before
Every feeling, every word
I've imagined it all
You'll never know if you never try
To forget your past and simply be mine

I dare you to let me be your, your one and only
I promise I'm worthy
To hold in your arms
So come on and give me the chance
To prove I am the one who can walk that mile
Until the end starts"

The whole song Lizzie sang, occasionally looking directly into my eyes with a loving and warm gaze.

"I dare you to let me be your, your one and only, I promise I'm worthy" Lizzie sang again, looking into my eyes and putting both her arms around my neck and playing with the little hairs on the back of my neck.
We looked into each other's eyes and a huge smile formed on our faces.
"I promise i'm worthy" Lizzie said once again placing her right hand on my cheek and looking at my lips, I leaned my head into her hand and smiled softly.

I rested my forhead on hers and felt, for the first time in a long time, love, true love. "I know you're worth it, that's why despite everything I'm still here, hoping to let go of everything that happened before with Kate and what happened with you and Robbie" I said to Lizzie lifting my head and looking into her eyes. "This time that I'm in LA and shooting I'll also use it to let that go and get better to be with you, because you are all I want" Lizzie replied with a sincere tone "but for that I want to tell you something"  she continued, taking my hand to sit on the couch behind us. "What's wrong?" I asked. "I went to lunch with my sisters today, but besides that I did something else" she said taking my hands. "What something else?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows even though I already knew the answer. "I saw Robbie, actually it's been several times that we've seen each other" confessed Lizzie letting out a sigh she had been holding back. "And why didn't you tell me? After what happened at the party, after the kiss on the runway, why didn't you tell me you were seeing Robbie all this time?" I asked again playing with my fingers. "Y/N I-" Lizzie replied, adjusting her position in the couch "I don't know, I don't know why I didn't tell you if I wasn't doing anything wrong, i promise; there's been a lot going on with Robbie these past few weeks, he started going to therapy, he's dating a new girl and he bought a house here in New York after I told him I didn't want to be with him anymore. Sometimes his therapist asks me to go because a lot of things happened between him and I; I've also been helping him 'conquer' this new girl, today we both went flower shopping, I bought for you, and he bought for her" continued Lizzie "Nothing has happened between us, we've gone out for drinks or lunch but nothing else has really happened. We are friends and I should have told you so you wouldn't misunderstand the situation, I'm really sorry, I know it looked bad but you shouldn't be worried or insecure about Robbie" she concluded putting her hand back on my thigh.

"First of all, you don't have to promise me anything Elizabeth, I don't care about words but actions; I already knew you had gone out with him, and that doesn't bother me or much less matter to me, what does bother me is that you kept that from me, you lied to my face, and since we started hanging out more and became friends we were supposed to tell each other everything, even the stupidest thing that happened to us, you said it, you made it a 'rule', but you didn't follow it"  I said disappointed "and second of all, I'm not worried or insecure, I know what I'm worth and the people I deserve to be with or who deserve me, I just don't understand why you kept that situation from me if we were trying to be okay between the two of us"  I concluded. "You are worth so much and I assure you that I'll prove you that I am one of the people you deserve to be with; I wouldn't be here if something had happened with Robbie, I'm not capable of hurting you and then acting like it's nothing, you know that!" replied Lizzie "I was meant to be yours all along, even before we met" she told me, intertwining our fingers.

"Lizzie, you haven't even said you're bisexual, you don't know what your fans are going to say or do, what your agents think about it, I don't want to ruin your career when it's going great and I can't be with someone hiding me, not again" I said with a crystal clear look and sadness in my voice. "I don't care what other people say and I don't care if my career comes down for shouting to the world that the person I want to be with is of the same sex as me" Lizzie replied looking into my eyes in which I could only see honesty and love "in such a short time you've become so much to me and you've taught me so many things, what I didn't know about love you have slowly taught me, I just want to be with you, I don't care about the rest of the world. Just be with me, we'll figure out the details later" she concluded with a warm look and placing her hand on my cheek. "What if it's too complicated?" I asked, playing with my fingers and looking down at the floor. "I don't care how complicated this gets, I still want you" said lizzie with a comforting smile. "Me and you?" I asked with a shy look. "Me and you" she replied, kissing me on the forehead.