TWELVE

VIENNA'S POV

I was a mess, after the Ball. Cedric got Haisley and she took me back to the dorm. I fell asleep the moment my head hit my pillow.

It's Sunday morning, and it's unbearable just thinking about how I have to get out of bed. I stare at the window, completely lost in my thoughts. The sad thing is that I'm not even surprised. I expected this of that idiot. Of course he wouldn't actually want to take me to the Ball. Why would he? He hates me, and I hate him.

Yet, after that night, I couldn't help think that we could actually have been friends. Or even mutuals. But then he goes and pulls this shit. I should've known better than to trust him. To actually say yes, and agree to his sick, twisted game.

"Knock knock..." Comes a quiet voice, Haisley approaches me, holding soup. "Want some?"

"No thanks." I mumble.

"Vi, I know you're upset-"

"Not just upset. Pissed. Really bloody pissed. I never should've trusted him."

She sets the soup down on my bedside table. "We're all here for you. I promise."

"Thanks." I say shortly. 

She watches me for a moment more, then turns and leaves. As she leaves, I feel a hot, wet tear slither down my cheek. And before I know it, I'm crying just like the rain that fell those precious nights.

It's late afternoon, and I've decided to get out of bed. Changing into casual clothes, I go straight to the Quidditch pitch. I find Kalen there, on his broom, practising with Haisley. There's a match next Saturday, so I knew they'd be here. Louis is in the stands, reading.

"Louis." I greet.

He turns, surprised. "Vi! Good to see you're up and running."

"I decided I could use some fresh air."

"Well, I'm glad you're here."

The two of us sit in a comfortable silence, watching them practise, and for once, I'm actually content. Until I hear two familiar voices behind me.

"Can't believe she actually thought you wanted to go with her." Malfoy says loudly.

Louis and I both turn, seeing Draco and Riddle sitting a few levels up. Louis rolls his eyes. "Shut up, Malfoy."

I make eye contact with Riddle, and he holds it as he replies to Malfoy. "I know. How stupid can someone get?"

His statement makes my heart burn with anger and sadness. I turn back around to focus on Haisley and Kalen. It's hard to concentrate because the boys behind us keep making jeering comments. Standing up, I turn to yell at them. "Just shut the fuck up, both of you!"

Riddle laughs. "Ooh, so scary! Of course I'll shut up now, sorry about that, your highness."

I scoff, averting my gaze back to my friends. Louis nudges me. "Ignore him. You're way too good for him, y'know?"

"I. Don't. Like. Him. And I never did!"

Louis holds up his hands in defense. "Of course. Sorry."

I sigh. "Sorry, Louis. Didn't mean to snap."

He wraps an arm around me and I lean against his chest. "Things have been hard. It's fine."

MATTHEO'S POV

I watch as he cuddles her. That son of a bitch. She's isn't his. She's mine. But if she was mine, then wouldn't I be the one down there with her? I watch as she says something to Louis, then gets up and leaves. After about ten minutes, Louis calls out to Haisley.

"Guys, I'm going back to the dorm to keep Vi company."

Haisley salutes. "I'll be there in a sec!"

It pisses me off how close they are with Vienna. I had the chance to be like that with her. Not that I wanted to, of course. Nope. Never in a million years.

VIENNA'S POV

At some point Haisley and Louis come in, and they sit down with me. We don't exchange a single word, but I'm grateful for their presence.

That night, as I lie in bed, I realise it's raining. My thoughts are so full of why Riddle's suddenly acting like this, that I decide to go the Astronomy Tower, with even the tiniest bit of hope that he's there. Maybe I'd actually get to talk to him, and find out what's going on.

Climbing the familiar stairs, memories of the last night we shared here together flood my mind. Reaching the top, I notice the beautiful figure of the intoxicating boy sitting in my usual seat, smoking a cigarette.

"Riddle."

He turns, and a disgusted look is immediately plastered on his face. "Diggory."

"What's wrong with you? Why didn't you show up last night?"

Riddle snorts. "I did, just not with you."

"What?"

"I went with Erin. It was a game, Diggory. It always was."

"You... what's wrong with you?"

"Can't help it, love."

"We opened up to each other."

"That was clearly a mistake on my part." Riddle replies.

"No."

"No?"

"No." I repeat, "Deep down, somewhere, you're clearly still thinking of me. You came here tonight, didn't you? Because it's raining?"

Riddle scoffs. "Don't get ahead of yourself, Diggory. I came because I wanted a smoke."

"All of this was not for nothing. You love me, Riddle. I know it, and you know it."

MATTHEO'S POV

My heart aches as she says those words. Do I love her? I don't even know what love feels like. "A bit narcissistic, don't you think?" I reply snarkily.

"Stop being such an idiot. I love you. There, I said it. Happy?"

My heart stops as she says those words. Those three little words. Words I thought I'd never hear anyone say to me. Pushing what I really want to say down, I stand up. "No, you don't. You don't even know me, Diggory. The real me. I don't love you back, so just leave before you do something to embarrass yourself."

She strides towards me and wraps her hands around my neck, placing a kiss on my lips. That does it for me. I kiss her back, running my hands through her hair. Grabbing the under of her thighs, I hoist her up onto the window sill. I move down to her neck, planting kisses everywhere. Leaving a hickey, I whisper against her skin. "So everyone knows you belong to someone."

Her hands travel down from my neck to my pants, where she undoes my belt. I pull down her underwear, then mine. Pulling away from her neck, I look her dead in the eyes. "Is this really what you want?"

She grins, her eyes twinkling in the darkness. "Hurry up." Is all she says. The rest of it is almost like a blur. Her moans, her facial expression, her legs quivering. I make this night count, as it's possibly the only and last night I'll ever have with her.