TWENTY-NINE

KALEN'S POV

"So, you've been here since first year then?" I check.

"Yes, I have." He turns to his girlfriend, "Why do your friends keep asking me that?"

Vienna chuckles. "Probably because they've never seen you around, Aidan."

It'd been a few days since Haisley and Vienna's huge argument, but they'd patched it up with Vienna promising that she'd go to all Haisley's matches. A huge commitment, in my opinion, but it's not like the matches happened everyday. After it'd blown over, Vienna decided to introduce us all to Aidan, her new boyfriend.

Aidan checks his watch, then sighs. "I gotta run. I've got a meeting with McGonagall about changing my timetable around." He gives Vienna a quick peck on the lips then waves bye to the rest of us.

Vienna looks at us eagerly. "So? What'd you think of him?"

Haisley nods slowly. "He's a nice guy."

"I agree. Good-looking." Louis throws his two cents in.

They all turn to me. "Uh... what Louis said."

Vienna eyes us weirdly. "Nice to know you two think my boyfriend's attractive-"

"Not as attractive as Louis!" I butt in.

"-I'm gonna run. I've got homework I didn't do." Vienna explains as she gets up and leaves.

"Now that she's gone," I proclaim dramatically, "What do we really think of Aidan?"

Haisley shrugs. "Genuinely think he's a nice guy."

"Yeah, same." Louis agrees, opening a new book.

"Uhm... hey, you three. Vienna said I could come sit with you guys...?" The girl says it like a question.

Haisley immediately bolts upright from her I-didn't-get-enough-sleep position. "Hi! You must be Vienna's new friend- the one she was talking with at the pitch a couple days ago."

"Y-Yeah, I am. My name's Ceridwen." She sits next to me, in Vienna's unoccupied seat.

I can hardly speak, she's so beautiful. "That's a lovely name for a lovely girl." I grin stupidly.

Louis rolls his eyes, then smiles at Ceridwen. "Hey, nice to meet you. I'm Louis, these are the siblings, Haisley and Kalen."

"Nice to meet you guys!" She hesitates for a moment, "I was waiting for Vienna to leave because I saw you guys met Aidan. What'd you think of him?"

I bite the inside of my cheek. "We all think he's nice. I guess we don't know him well enough to say otherwise. Why? What do you think?"

She opens her mouth then shuts it, biting her lip. "Nevermind what I think. I'll see you guys at lunch." She grabs her stuff and leaves, rushing out the Hall.

"Hey, did you guys notice that she was sitting with Malfoy and Parkinso a while earlier?" Haisley asks.

"Yeah," Louis answers without looking up, "She's Riddle's sister."

"What?!" Haisley and I say at the same time.

"They hardly look alike." I point out, "Riddle's... well, Riddle. Ceridwen's just straight-up gorgeous."

Haisley narrows her eyes at me. "Back off from her."

"What? Why?!"

"Because, I had my eye on her first!"

"Are you kidding?" I protest, "What about Hermione?"

"She's back with Weasley, Kalen! Keep up." She snaps.