'Chapter 1 ▪️ The Diner'

Chapter 1

Third

The screams of the two were horrendous. Who would've known they were a couple. One shattered plate created such an argument between George and his boyfriend, Ace.

"George! Why the fuck do you have to be like this?!"

"What do you mean!? You should be asking yourself! I didn't fucking mean to drop the goddamn plate"

"Don't you scream at me with that tone you brat!"

"It was a goddamn accident! Why can't you just fucking accept it and move on?! I didn't mean to!"

"Of course you didn't, let's ignore the 6 other fucking plates you've broken. Or the 3 cups and 4 bowls!"

"Oh you're keeping track? Why is this such a big fuccking deal?!"

"You're such a fucking clutz, can't believe I'm your boyfriend!'

"It's not my fault! And in fact, I can't believe that I decided to be your boyfriend and decided to move the fuck in with you! You're always so fucking immature and so fucking insensitive!"

..

SLAP

It echoed in the room. A red mark on George's cheek. Tears falling down George's cheek. Heavy breathing from the two. No regret could be seen in his boyfriend's face. Anger was the only emotion that could be spotted.

George looked away from Ace, running away. Dashing up the stairs, Ace followed with slow steps.

"Geor-"

Ace said, at the bottom of the staircase.

George said nothing, locking himself into their room. Ace rolled his eyes.

George POV
I slammed the door, locking it. I slid down the door, throwing my head back, tears trickling down my cheeks. The mark of where I've been slapped was clearly visible, it would definitely bruise.

I don't get it. Why did he always have to be like this? One moment he would be back hugging me, peppering me with kisses as he complimented me but the next second he would be screaming at the smallest things possible.

Like the time where I accidentally ran into one of his paintings. At the time, it was drying but I accidentally smudged the paint. Or the time where I was playing minecraft and forgot to open the door for him because he forgot his keys.

I could hear footsteps upon the stairs, walking towards the other side of the bedroom door. Soft knocking on the other end. He sighed.

"George?"

I covered my mouth, attempting to muffle my sobs.

"George, I know you're in there"

I kept silent.

"George, I'm sorry. I know what I did was wrong and that I was being immature and insensitive. I promise I'll change."

He 'apologized'. Like he did everytime. He always promised he'll change but he never does.

"George please.."

His voice cracked.

"Please... love.. I'm sorry, I'll make it up to you I promise"

He sobbed, his voice cracking. I'm sure he was crying on the other end. Though I know he won't change, I can't help but feel guilty. I did want to be the reason for his tears as he means so much to me.

I sighed, I stood up and opened the door. Seconds after I was attacked with a hug.

"Thank you love, I promise I'll change. I'll make it up to you, I promise."

-

The next day, I woke up. It was midday. He was beside me, he wasn't in his pajamas though.

"Love? Get up, I'm gonna make it up to you"

I yawned, getting up. I brushed my teeth, changed, brushed my hair and we headed to the car. His car.

"Where are we going?"

"We'll, I was originally gonna bring us to where we first went out but then I remembered it closed down. So I found another diner that was pretty similar."

The car came to a stop, due to a red light. Ace looked at me.

"Did I tell you, you look lovely today?"

"Yes, 3 times already"

I giggled, he grabbed my hand placing a kiss on it.

"Well you need to know that you look lovely and beautiful. And you're mine"

The light then turned green, the car accelerated.

-

We reached the diner, and the waitress led us to one of the booths. The diner was retro, with a bar-like station in front of the door. A bright and saturated turquoise color for the walls, with black and white plaid trims against the walls, bars and stools. The booths were a bright red, the tables were white. The floor was like the trims, a black and white plaid. Ace and I sat down at our designated booth, I was able to see the chefs. We looked through menus that were given by the waitress.

"Ooo, the double chicken looks good. Do you think they have vegan options? Carlie would love to go here if so, you know how she is about burgers."

I asked, no response from him. I put my menu down, looking at Ace. He was looking at something behind me. I looked behind to see what he was looking at.

I turned around to see a blonde girl. Her hair hovered over breasts, they were slightly curled. She wore white ripped jeans, a loose red satin square neck cami top. It showed a bit too much of her cleavage. She wore matte red lipstick with neon pink eyeshadow that faded to red.

I turned back to Ace.

"Ace?"

I waved my hand in front of him. His gaze returned to me.

"Were you looking at her?"

"Who?"

"The girl with the satin top"

"Babe, no. I'm only looking at you"

I sighed. He was obviously lying.

"Okay, well what do you want?"

"Oh the triple meat patty"

"Ok."

The waitress came and Ace ordered first. The two smirked at each other from time to time. She looked at me, glancing at Ace ever so often.

"I'll get your orders, boys"

She said, winking. She walked away. I sighed. I didn't wanna say anything. Everytime I did, he would tell me he wasn't or claim I was being dramatic and overthinking things.

"Shoot, do you think the double chicken has ketchup-?"

Ace interrupted me, getting up.

"Babe, I need to go to the washroom, I'll be back."

AS he stood up, he didn't even look at me, he looked in some direction, heading to the bathroom. I followed his steps, finding that the girl with the satin top was gone and was heading to the bathroom, Ace following.

A deep pool of some weird emotion sat at the bottom of my stomach.

-

I hope you like the first episode so far! Have a good day/night! <3