'Chapter 9 ▪️ Genuine smiles'

Chapter 9

TW: Abusive relationship

George POV:

I was in a bit of shock, but at the same time part of it just felt right. The thought of it was actually quite comforting. My one and only friend wasn't just a random guy, it was the chef.

Are you okay? He doesn't deserve you

Beneath the scribbly letters on the paper was extremely tiny writing.

I cun bo o smuch behher

That's what I read. It was barely legible. And I can barely read.

I looked up, looking at Dream or Clay. He was looking back at me, once it clicked in his head that I was looking at him, he smiled awkwardly shyly waving. He probably thought I just remembered him from the diner. He probably didn't know that I knew he was Dream. I walked over to him.

"Hi, haven't I seen you somewhere?"

His face reddened a little, if you were closely observing you wouldn't have noticed it.

I closely observed all of his features, this was Dream. Outside of the diner he was so much prettier, seeing him in casual clothes was breathtaking.

Green eyes, a soft neutral green. It was as if a forest in another mythical universe in his eyes. A waterfall of love and hope in the forest of his eyes. Calming and comforting, I could just feel it. The brown specks in his iris, surrounded by the forest green.

And his hair. I could go on and on about his hair. And I will.

Fluffy like a cloud yet a defined shape in its curves. Curled yet straight. I just wanted to reach my hands into his hair, finding its way around and through the roots and locks. The color in his hair was something alluring. A mix of a blonde, a dirty blonde to be specific, and a strawberry blonde with hints of ginger. Maybe even a trace of brown.

Broad shoulders, more than 6 feet tall, veiny rough hands that would move delicately. Be soft and gentle to whatever it comes into contact with. Soothing bright smile, like a million hugs coming all at once.

"Oh uh yea, you go to the diner I work at"

I gave him a smile, the best I could muster. The most genuine smile I've had for months, he gave me a reassured smile, face reddening.

"So, what are you doing here- Dream?"I gave him a teasingly innocent smile.

He looked at me, shocked. It was unexpected. His face looked priceless, he turned really red.

"Oh uh, you know"

I gave him a genuine smile.

"Yeah, I know".

-

Dream POV:

I cherish that day. The first day I saw him walk into the diner. He sat at the diner I worked at for a part time job.

-

Order 64. Order 64 was the one I was working on, while I was looking at a pretty brunette. Eyelashes long, cupid bow lips, high curved nose bridge with specks of freckles and eyes as black as the night. Like a lovely night staring up at the stars. I was so caught up in looking at him that he ended up looking back.

As someone who gets flustered easily, I turned away face beat red. Hiding from his glance. I saw his boyfriend hooking up with a girl in the bathroom. Flirting with the waitress. A cheater. He didn't deserve this brunette, the brunette had to know. It's wrong to interfere.

But I'm an emotional thinker, screw logic. I went with my gut and it was screaming at me to make a move, whether it was something big or small I had to make a move.

The waitress I saw serving them a while ago came back with orders, attaching the sticky notes we were given to the metal shelves above the counters. Which I was quick to take.

I made both burgers, as best as I could. My gut is screaming at me to do something, screaming which burger to do it to. Following my gut, I went with the double chicken burger. My gut told me that was his. I had no other information to follow other than that.

When I finished the burgers, I added a ketchup heart on the said burger. Being as neat as I could.

Writing a note with the sticky notes we were given to take orders, along with a pen I found in my pocket.

I attached it to the bottom of the plate, adding the burgers to their designated plates, and giving them to the waitress.

-

It was probably a stupid crush. A stupid crush I involved myself way too much in. A stupid crush I was willing to risk my life for, but I'm just an emotional person. That must be why. Nothing else.

-

Present

George POV :

"How did you find out?"

I smiled at him. "I'm not an idiot, I just put two and two together".

"Also I saw you writing this note", I held up the green sticky note that was still in my palms.

"In my defense, I wasn't so careful", "in your defense? No, that's just you being an idiot".

Dream stared at me, and then started laughing, wheezing. "Shut the fuck up, you're an idiot", he said to me and I punched him lightly on the shoulder.

The air felt light around Dream, sure it was slightly awkward but that's okay. Things were comforting and light, we didn't need to get into anything deep or personal, at least not yet.

"George?"

"What?" I looked at him, confused brows and parted lips.

"I-"

He looked at my eyes, breath shaking, a glance to my lips then my eyes.

He took a deep breath, looking at the floor. Looking back at me.

"You need to break up with Ace. This isn't", my eyes again. His gaze softened and brows frowned.

"This isn't healthy".

—---------------------------------------------------

Authors note :

I have an urge to rewrite some of these chapters so hopefully when I finish it I'll rewrite them

I'm never ever finished a book (with a proper plot) so fingers crossed this one works out

Have a wonderful day/night! Love ya!