'Chapter 13▪️ Rose colored cheeks and unsteady heartbeats'

Chapter 13

TW: Abusive relationship

sunday

George POV :

I lived in Dream's house for a few days. It was nice to live with someone who helped out with a lot of things. We could joke around at any point of the day, he was also pretty affectionate. Not all the time though, sometimes he was hesitant, but it's okay because we're friends. Hugging and holding hands could be platonic, there's nothing wrong with it.

I woke up to light peeking through my bedroom door. Sizzling noises, Dream was probably cooking eggs. I walked up to him, he hadn't noticed me yet. The fan was loud and maybe that's why he couldn't hear my footsteps.

He was humming Taunt, by LoveJoy. It was a band we both liked. We wanted to make it some weird tradition to listen to their songs together before we went to bed on Saturdays. I walked over to him, walking slowly and carefully. Hoping he couldn't feel my presence. Which he didn't.

I stepped behind him and reached my arms around him. Back Hugging him. I snuggled my head into his back.

"Morning to you"

He said cheerfully, "how many eggs do you want?"

"2, over-"

"Easy", he finished my sentence.

"Can you get me one more egg from the fridge", I whined into his hoodie.

"George", he cooed. "fineee", I forcefully detached myself, handing him an egg, going back to hug him. "You're so clingy in the morning", he said softly, it was in an endearing way. "You remind me of a baby kitten", "how?"my voice was muffled by the thick layer of fabric I had stuffed my face into. "You're small, clingy and adorable" he cooed, I nuzzled my head further. "But you're also a little menace", I hit his back, "fuck you". "This interaction exactly proves my point", I nuzzled further. "You're an idiot Dream", "yur an idiot dweam" Dream imitated. "I do not sound like that!", "I du nut sund like dat"

"I hate you", "but you love me", "you're an idiot", "i'm your idiot.

My cheeks heated up, but that's normal when you have a way more than decent looking friend, affectionate and caring to you, calling themselves yours. It's not your fault you can;t help but wonder what it would be like with you two together, especially when the height difference is perfect for head kisses. And you also love forehead kisses.

But you simply cannot show that you like it to an amount that may be a bit more than friendly. There's a boundary you simply cannot cross.

"That's stupid", Dream sighed lovingly at my snarky remark.

"You suck at impressions and accents", "you suck at comebacks". I pouted, "I'll kill you someday", "I'd like to see you try".

Third POV

The two dined and laughed. Bantering from time to time, it was lighthearted.

They then watched a lot of disney movies, singing the lyrics they knew to the songs they knew. From time to time whatever came out of their mouths weren't even the correct lyrics, but they laughed over it. It was amusing for one and other. They had lunch and dinner and continued to watch disney movies.

George didn't even know when they started holding hands. Or when they started cuddling, George resting his chest against Dream's chest with Dream's arm around his shoulders.

Dream nuzzled into George's hair, kissing it from time to time. His cheeks painted pink, mixed with his freckles. But it wasn't visible due to the only light source of the room being the Disney movie playing.