'Chapter 17▪️ Lavender Scent'

Chapter 17

George

"George!"

I heard a voice call. The voice too familiar. My eyes shot open, tears trickling from my eyes as my head turned to the direction of the voice. Despite feeling tired, my eyes were wide open. My body still felt weak, but now I had hope.

A soft gasp left his mouth. His lips agape in shock. I sniffled, trying to move my arms towards him. My hands grabbed at the thin air that separated us.

He ran over to me. "Oh my fucking god", he said. His voice sweet like honey. The moonlight that seeped through the glass backyard door hit his figure. I crawl into his embrace, hastily wrapping my arms around his chest; pressing my forehead against it. My tears soaked his shirt. He was still in his pajamas. I inhaled his scent. Lavender. A calming scent. It felt like home. It fit perfectly.

He wrapped his arms around me. Embracing me. Protecting me from the world. I sobbed into his chest. "I'm so scared", I shakily let out. "I know", he always knew.

He leaned his head down and kissed my hair. My breath was slowly calming down by the slightest. He felt like home. He was my comfort. "I missed you so much Dream", I sobbed. My grip tightened around his chest. He froze, then shook his head. "We can talk about this later", he said. He let out a deep breath. "We need to get out of here", he whispered to me softly. I nodded my head.

"You shits aren't going fucking anywhere", I froze, my hands starting shaking. Dream pressed my head to his chest. A way of comforting me.

I could just feel Ace's insane glare. A step closer to Dream and I.

I felt Dream's body move. His arm grabbing an object on the floor, pointing it straight at Ace.

"DON'T YOU FUCKING MOVE"

Dream screamed. I had never heard him scream. He was usually calm, at least when he was around me. He always used a soft and fond voice with me.

"AUTHORITIES ARE ON THEIR WAY, PROOF IS EVERYWHERE"

Ace froze. "LAY EVEN ANOTHER FINGER ON GEORGE AND I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD I'LL MAKE YOUR LIFE A LIVING FUCKING HELL"

Ace stared at Dream for a while in silence. "You're bluffing", he said. But there was this shake in his voice. "Fine, wait and see what happens". I turned my head to look Ace in the eyes. "Jail isn't gonna fucking stop me you little shit" Ace spat at me. His finger pointed at me. Dream's arm came in front of my face, his other arm moving in a haste motion. I heard Ace's screams.

"YOU MOTHER FUCKER, MY FINGER"

"ILL DO MUCH WORSE THAN THAT IF YOU DONT FUCK OFF"

"OH NOW YOU'RE GONNA PAY YOU LITTLE SH-"

Sirens. Flashing lights. Red and blue. I could feel Ace's eyes widen.

"Shit"

He looked at the door. Then glared at us.

THUMP THUMP

A couple of police officers stormed the house. Hands with guns crossing over flashlights.

"HANDS IN THE AIR"

Ace raised his hands. Maniacal glare on me. One of the officers walked behind him, cuffing him.

"Ace brown, you are under arrest for aggravated assault, domestic violence and attempted murder. You have the right to remain silent, whatever you say may be used against you in court. You have the right to an attorney"

Ace glared and spat at me. The officers pulled him away but his gaze was left on me. "YOU'LL PAY YOU LITTLE DIPSHITS–I'LL MAKE SURE YOU DO". He then laughed maniacally, his voice ringing through the walls and hallways of the house.